Market Insight-Global Dust control systems Market 2017-2027
A dust collection or dust control system is an air quality enhancement system that is used in commercial, industrial, and domestic applications to improve air quality of the surrounding and remove particulate matter from the environment. Such devices are either manually or remotely controlled. Dust control systems are segregated into two types of filters, which are defined below.
Dry Type Dust Control System
This system consists of dust collectors and dust filers that are used in labs, industries, etc. for collection and filtration dust. These systems only filter and collect dry airborne dust. Dry type dust control systems have their own limitations and cannot filter gas with moisture, acid fumes, etc.
Wet Type Dust Control System
This system is typically designed for the use in infrastructure industry, chemical and processing industry, and power generation plants. These types of dust control systems are often incorporated with chemical composition.
The global dust control system market is estimated to account for US$ 13,813.4 Mn in terms of value by the end of 2019
Market Dynamics- Drivers
- Stringent regulatory policies enforced by the government to reduce dust percentage are expected to drive growth the global dust control systems market during the forecast period
Workers in certain industries such as mining and cement are exposed to dust and pollutants that are dangerous for human respiratory system. Thus, governments of many countries have started implementing laws and regulations to cut down the dust and harmful chemical particles in the environment. This, in turn, is expected to drive the global dust control systems market growth over the forecast period. For instance, in March 2016, the U.S. Government finalized a law to prevent workers in mining industry from overexposing themselves to harmful dust or chemicals. Furthermore, in March 2016, the U.S. Government passed a law to prevent silica dust that causes severe diseases namely lung cancer from mixing in the environment. In December 2015, the government of China passed a law to improve air quality and minimize air pollution and dust, in order to control various diseases causing due to air pollution.
- Growing adoption of premium dust collectors with SMART technology is expected to propel the global dust control systems market growth over the forecast period
Various industries are increasingly adopting smart dust collectors, which has accelerated the demand for dust control systems in the recent past. Such systems are adopted so the workers can perform efficiently and safely. Thus, manufacturers in the industry are focused on introducing novel features such as sensors, speed motor, and radiofrequency wireless remote controls, in order to cater to increasing demand from numerous end-use industries. This, in turn, is expected to boost the global dust control systems market growth in the near future.
Asia Pacific region dominated the global dust control system market in 2019, accounting for 31.3% share in terms of value, followed by North America and Europe, respectively
Source: Coherent Market Insights
Market Dynamics- restraints
- High capital cost and maintenance cost are expected to restrain growth of the global dust control systems market during the forecast period
Dust control systems require high investment at the beginning, thus very small and mid-sized industries are reluctant to purchase these systems. Moreover, operational and maintenance cost for dust control system is high when compared to conventional systems. Compared to traditional methods of using water as a dust suppressant, new dust suppressants such as binders, foams, and surfactants are costlier by 10% to 15%. Furthermore, a skilled workforce is required for applying new type of dust suppressants, which leads to additional expenses. Thus, these factors are expected to hinder the market growth in the near future.
- Negligence towards standard policies in emerging economies is expected to hamper the global dust control systems market growth over the forecast period
Lack of stringent regulations and standard procedure towards mitigating dust and other emissions in emerging economies such as China, India, and Brazil is expected to hinder adoption of dust control systems in the near future. According to the World Bank data, 2014, emission in China has increased by 6% as compared to the last 10 years. According to the same source, emission in India has increased by 1.6% as compared to the last 10 years. Moreover, emission in Brazil has increased by 2.18% as compared to the last 10 years. Therefore, these factors are expected to hinder the market growth over the forecast period.
- Growing demand for dust control systems from mining and construction industries
Rising awareness in construction and mining industries regarding safety measures and benefits dust controllers has boosted the demand for dust control system. Miner operators are increasingly adopting dust control systems as mineworkers are exposed to dangerous fumes and dust particles. Moreover, dust control system is being adopted at construction sites, in order to prevent adverse effects of dust developed due to construction activities. Such factors are expected to offer lucrative growth opportunity for market players in the near future.
- Technological advancements dust control systems are expected to pose significant business opportunities for market players
Key companies in the market are focused on introducing novel features and applications in dust control systems such as sensors, remote control features, speed motor, and wireless connectivity. Such features have enhanced the performance of dust system control systems, thereby providing optimum performance. Growing innovation and research in this market is expected to pose excellent growth opportunities for market players in the near future.
Source: Coherent Market Insights
Global dust control systems market, by application type segment, mining type sub-segment was accounted for 24.9% market share in 2019 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.2% between 2019 and 2027.
Source: Coherent Market Insights
- Increasing adoption of wet scrubbers with different reagents is expected to be a major trend
Wet scrubbers have been actively used with reagents and processes such as magnesium, sodium, and calcium-based reagents. Moreover, scrubbers have been used with dual alkali, which proved to be effective in controlling gaseous and chemical emissions. Installation of new chemical and power plants is increasing the demand for wet scrubbers and is expected to continue during the forecast period.
- High growth of nice industries and SME is expected to boost the demand for dust control system
Industries such as rubber factories, syringe manufacturing, and food industry are on the rise. They need to adhere to stringent laws for dust control systems and emission control. Certain companies provide specific dust and fume control systems to such niche industries. The trend for dust control systems applications in such industries is increasing.
Value Chain Analysis
Key companies operating in the global dust control systems market are Global Road Technology, Beltran Technologies, Inc., Camfil, Quaker Chemical Corporation, Sly Environmental Technology Ltd, Donaldson Company, Inc., JKF Industri A/S, and Nederman Holding AB.
- Key players are focused on product launch, in order to expand their product portfolio. For instance, in November 2018, Camfil introduced new Gold Series X-Flo (GSX) industrial dust collector that collects and processes fine, fibrous, and heavy dusts and fumes.
- Major companies in the market are involved in business expansion, in order to enhance their market presence. For instance, in April 2019, Quaker Chemical Corporation, a U.S.-based chemical company, inaugurated a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility for rolling oils and metalworking fluids for steel in Gujarat, India.