Beverages with high doses of caffeine and other legal stimulants are called energy drinks. These drinks are mainly consumed as dietary supplements. Global energy rehabilitation drink supplementation market is rapidly growing, owing to the ability of drinks to restore energy as well as help to lower the impact of alcohol. Hence, it is preferred as a functional product over other standard energy drinks.
Energy rehabilitation drinks are available with variety of ingredients and flavors and portions, providing consumers a wide range to choose from. This in turn, is increasing the adoption of these drinks, thus fueling growth of the energy rehabilitation drink supplementation market. Energy rehabilitation drinks containing Vitamins consists of vitamin B such as folic acid, niacin, riboflavin, and cyanocobalamin. Other ingredients such as taurine, guarana, green tea extracts, L-Carnitine, antioxidants, and Creatine are also added in energy rehabilitation drinks. Vitamins A, C, and E are popular antioxidants used in many energy drinks. Guarana is a South American bean, which is used as a stimulant. Taurine is a common amino acid in in the body that regulates the body’s water and mineral levels.
- A major driver for growth of the global energy rehabilitation drink supplementation market is rising alcohol consumption especially among millennials. Mixing alcohol with energy drinks is a popular practice and particularly in licensed venues and music festivals. According to New South Wales government’s survey on mixing alcohol with energy drinks, in 2013, over one third of survey respondents positively reported doing the same in the past 12 months of 2013. Demand for on-the-go and functional food and beverages is also increasing which is a factor contributing towards the global energy rehabilitation drink supplementation market growth. According to Health and Wellness series report on functional foods and beverages by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada reported that in China retail sales of functional energy drinks anticipated a growth of 164.8% from 2011 to 2015.
- The higher caffeine concentration in these drinks is one of the major factors restraining growth of the market. Though caffeine is not considered to be an addictive substance and its consumption is generally considered to be safe, Health Canada provides caffeine consumption guidance to Canadians to avoid adverse effects such as insomnia, headaches, irritability, and nervousness. Washington was one of the first states in the U.S. to ban alcoholic energy drinks.
- According to global energy rehabilitation drink supplementation market analysis, North America held the dominant position in the market in 2017. North America is projected to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period. According to Canberra: Department of Health and Ageing, in 2012, the U.S. and Australasia has the highest regional consumption of energy drinks at 4.2 liters per person per year.
- Based on ingredients type, caffeine segment is projected to gain major traction over the forecast period, owing to its demand as a major ingredient in energy drinks. Rising health-consciousness among the populance is expected to be a major factor for increasing demand for vitamins in energy drinks. Therefore, vitamins segment is expected to be the fastest growing segment in the global energy rehabilitation drink supplementation market.
Key players in Global Energy Rehabilitation Drink Supplementation Market
- Key players operating in the global energy rehabilitation drink supplementation market are Rockstar Energy Company, Arizona Beverage Company, Monster Energy Company, Red Bull GmbH, PepsiCo, Inc., Xyience Inc., National Beverage Corporation, and Full Throttle Energy Company.
- Key players are focusing on launching new products with different combinations, in order to enhance their market share. For instance, in June 2010, Rockstar Energy Company launched a line of hydration and energy line of drinks called Rockstar Recovery. The drink is available in varied flavors, from which Recovery Orange and Lemonade are the most popular. Moreover, in October 2015, Arnold Palmer launched a new line of energy drinks, infusing four of the brand’s existing flavors – Arnold Palmer, Watermelon, Fruit Punch, and Mucho Mango – with 120 mg of natural caffeine via a blend of guarana, green and white tea and green coffee extract.
- In January 2019, AG Barr launched Rockstar Twister in smashed blue raspberry and wacked red berry flavors which contains 25 calories per 100ml. The company introduced this new product to expand its Rockstar energy drink brand in the U.K.
- In August 2019, Arizona Beverage Company and Dixie Brands collaborated for production of cannabis infused drinks.
- In October 2019, Coco Cola Company announced its plans to launch its energy drinks in the U.S.
- In April 2019, Amazon launched private new energy drink Solimo Red Energy Drink and Solimo Silver Energy Drink.
- In September 2014, Big Red Ltd. a soda company Texas, U.S. acquired Xyience Inc. a energy drink brand.
On the basis of ingredients, global energy rehabilitation drink supplementation market is segmented into:
On the basis of distribution channel, global energy rehabilitation drink supplementation market is segmented into:
On the basis of region global energy rehabilitation drink supplementation market is segmented into:
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa