High Barrier Film and coatings are widely used to avoid entry of water, oxygen, light or any other elements in the product’s packaging. High Barrier Film are available in single and multi-layered structures, and the choice of material is dependent on packaging applications.
- Multiple advantages associated with high barrier film and coatings over traditional films such as higher heat tolerance, strength, and ability to incorporate zippers or sliders among others are driving growth of the global high barrier film and coatings market. Moreover, high Barrier Film and coatings offer excellent gloss, extend shelf life of packaged products and reduce the need for preservatives.
- High production cost and technical difficulties in recycling of multi layered packaging is a major challenge for manufacturers operating in the high barrier film & coating market. However, technological advancement in packaging industries & introduction of bio-based films is projected to reduce impact of this challenge over the forecast period.
- Growing importance of sustainable solutions to reduce environmental impact of packaging is shifting manufacturers' preference towards bio-based high barrier packaging films. In 2018, NatureWorks, Nippon Gohsei, Eurotech Extrusion Company and Sukano joined together to offer multilayer transparent bio-based high Barrier Film for food packaging.
- Among application, the food & beverages segment held a major share in the global high Barrier Film and coatings market in 2018. In the food & beverage industry, high Barrier Film and coatings are extensively adopted to overcome common challenges such as preservation and protection of packaged products against moisture, heat, or light.
- Asia Pacific is expected to emerge as the fastest growing region in the global high Barrier Film and coatings market over the forecast period. Favorable growth of fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) industries in the region is creating lucrative opportunities for market players to expand their footprint. For instance, according to the India Brand Equity Foundation Report, the FMCG market in India is expected to reach US$ 103 billion by end of 2020.
KEY PLAYERS OPERATING IN THE GLOBAL HIGH BARRIER FILM AND COATINGS MARKET
- Key players operating in the global high Barrier Film and coatings market include Bemis Company Inc., Amcor Limited, Berry Global Group PLC, Mondi Group, ACG, Glenroy, Inc., Cosmo Films, Innovia Films Limited, AMPAC Holdings, LLC, Winpak Ltd. among others
- In June 2019, Innovia Films Limited launched new range of transparent high barrier packaging films named Strata SL. This film offer excellent protection against aroma, oxygen & mineral oils at high humidity conditions. Strata SL has been launched specially for packaging of products such as cereal bars, biscuits, snacks, tea, coffee etc.
On the basis of material, the global high Barrier Film and coatings market is segmented into:
On basis of packaging type, the global high Barrier Film and coatings market is segmented into:
On basis of application, the global high Barrier Film and coatings market is segmented into:
- Food & Beverages
- Personal Care
On the basis of region, the global high Barrier Film and coatings market is segmented into:
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- North America
- Rest of the Europe
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East
- Rest of Middle East
- North Africa
- Central Africa
- South Africa