Trichloroisocyanuric acid (TTCA) is an organic compound with empirical formula C3Cl3N3O3 and molecular weight of 232.401 g/mol and is utilized as a disinfectant for dyestuffs and swimming pools, preserving fruits and vegetables, waste water treatment, bleaching agent in textile industry, and reagent in organic chemical synthesis. Furthermore, it is white crystalline (sand-like) powder with chlorine-like odor and is widely used in industrial and household applications. It is also available in tablet and granular form across the globe to control algae and kill bacteria.
Moreover, trichloroisocyanuric acid is used for washing and sanitizing in food processing factories and in hygiene products for residential and commercial applications. It is also used as deodorizing product in preventing bad odor, automatic dishwashing detergent, sterilizing livestock treats and equipment, sanitizing for septic tank water, and others. The trichloroisocyanuric acid is soluble in water and offers several features such as long lasting sterilizing effect and protection against bacteria.
- Global trichloroisocyanuric acid market is projected to grow at a substantial rate over the forecast period, owing to rising demand for Trichloroisocyanuric acid in applications such as water treatment, agriculture & aquaculture, and regular disinfection in residential applications
- Trichloroisocyanuric acid is used for treating seeds, sanitation of pools & spas, anti-shrink treatment of woolen fabrics, organic synthesis, preventing and curing diseases in animal husbandries and fisheries and is used as a bleaching agent in textile
- According to the World Trade Statistical Review 2018 released by World Trade Organization (WTO), the global textile exports was valued at US$ 296.1 billion in 2017, which recorded an increase of 4.2% from 2016. Growing textile industry is a major driver for growth of the global Trichloroisocyanuric acid market.
- Trichloroisocyanuric acid (TTCA) finds its applications in the agriculture industry for treatment of seeds and to protect crops from bacteria. According to an article published by Crop Life International in October 2015, about 1.0 billion people working in the agriculture sector contribute more than US$ 2.0 trillion to the global economy every year. In emerging economies, agriculture accounts for a major share in South Asia’s and South Africa’s GDP, accounting for 20.0% and 15.0%, respectively during 2015 and 2016. Growing end-use industries is key factor for driving market growth over the forecast period.
Key players operating in the global Trichloroisocyanuric acid market include Sigma-Aldrich, Inc. (Merck), Shikoku Chemicals Corporation, Sinopec, Innova Corporate (India), Inner Mongolia Lantai Industrial Co., Ltd, Nike Chemical India, The Monsanto Company, Nankai Chemical, Nissan Chemical Corporation, and Avanschem
On the basis of product type, the global Trichloroisocyanuric acid market is segmented into:
On the basis of application, the global Trichloroisocyanuric acid market is segmented into:
- Water treatment
- Agriculture & Aquaculture
On the basis of region, the global Trichloroisocyanuric acid market is segmented into:
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East
- Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC)
- Rest of Middle East
- Northern Africa
- Central Africa
- South Africa