The global adult incontinence products market was valued at US$ 9.7 Billion in 2017, according to Adult Incontinence Products Market Report, by Product Type (Adult Diaper, Pads, Pants, and Others), by End User (Men and Women), by Distribution Channel (Supermarket, Online Stores, Pharmacy & Drug Stores, and Others), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, and Africa).
The global adult incontinence products market is projected to reach US$ 18.6 Billion by 2026, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.9% during the forecast period. Rise in incidences of incontinence in geriatric populations is a major factor propelling growth of the global adult incontinence products market.
According to the National Center for Health Statistics report in 2014, 44% of people aged 65 and older living at home suffered from bladder incontinence, while 17% suffered from bowel incontinence in the U.S. Incontinence products offers comfort and convenience to adults suffering from incontinence due to its properties such as stretchable, odor-free, skin friendly, body-fitting and others, which in turn is increasing demand for adult incontinence products leading to growth of the market globally. However, low awareness of adult incontinence products is a major factor hindering growth of the global adult incontinence products market. According to the statistics published by National Association for Incontinence in 2012, two-third of the individuals who experience symptoms of urinary incontinence do not use any product or treatment for managing their incontinence.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Key Trends and Analysis of the Adult Incontinence Products Market:
- Women segment held the highest market share in 2017 in the global adult incontinence products market, owing to high incidences of incontinence in women as compared to men. According to the data provided by National Center for Health Statistics in 2014, women getting home health care in the U.S. aged 65 years and above were 1.7 times more likely to suffer from bladder incontinence than men.
- Online stores are projected to have the fastest growth in the global adult incontinence market during the forecast period. Many manufacturers are launching its products through online channel to cater to rising consumer demands. In July 2018, Willow launched its website and online marketing campaign for sales of adult diapers through online channel.
Key Takeaways of the Market:
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing region in the global adult incontinence products market during the forecast period. Rapid growth in the geriatric population is the major factor driving growth of the market in this region as many older people suffer from incontinence problems. According to the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, the population in Japan above 65 years in 2015 was 26.7% of Japan’s total population, which increased to 27.7% in 2017.
- North America held significant market share in the global adult incontinence products market in 2017. This is attributed to significant number of reported adult incontinence instances in the region. According to the data provided by National Association for Incontinence in 2012, one in eight Americans are diagnosed with loss of bladder control and about 25 million Americans were suffering from urinary incontinence. Additionally, rapidly growing elderly population is another factor contributing to the growth of this market in North America. According to the United Nations, the process of aging is rapid in North America, with more than one in five person was aged 60 or above in 2017.
- Major players operating in the global adult incontinence market includes DSG International Ltd., First Quality Enterprises, Inc., Essity AB, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Procter & Gamble Co., Unicharm Corporation, Abena A/S, Hollister Incorporated, Covidien plc, Hengan Group, Ontex International, and Kao Corporation among others.