The global black quinoa market was valued at US$ 100.39 million in 2020, according to Black Quinoa Market Report, by Type (Organic and Conventional), by Application (Food & Beverages, Animal Feed, Cosmetics, Pharmaceuticals, and Others), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa), published by Coherent Market Insights.
The global black quinoa market is expected to surpass US$ 193.15 million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 9.8% during the forecast period (2021-2027). Black quinoa is gaining a significant traction, owing to its health benefits and exceptional nutritional value such as unsaturated fatty acids, minerals high concentration of protein, and low glycaemic index.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 50 market data tables* and 40 figures* on "Black Quinoa Market” - Global Forecast to 2027.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Black Quinoa Market:
- Among regions, Europe has overtaken Asia Pacific as the world's leading quinoa importer. With quinoa becoming more widely available, its future growth will be driven by product development and the growing desire for healthier foods. For instance, in 2019, total quinoa imports in Europe accounted for 28 thousand tons as compared to 6 thousand tons in 2012.
- Black quinoa is high in folate, a B vitamin that is necessary for a healthy liver and nervous system, as well as healthy skin, hair, and eyes. It's also high in copper, manganese, and alpha-linolenic acid, all of which can aid with inflammation and cardiovascular health. Quinoa flour is the most commonly used product made from quinoa. Quinoa flour can be used in practically any flour-based products such as pasta, bread, biscuits, and others. Quinoa noodles provide an alternative for those with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity, as well as a product with a variety of organoleptic properties.
Key Takeaways of the Market:
- Among application, food & beverages segment accounted for a significant market share in 2019. The rise in the production and consumption of quinoa led to the development of new industrialized quinoa products, such as quinoa flakes are among the newest quinoa products in the market. Quinoa flakes can be used in a wide range of applications in other food products such as soups, juices, or cakes. Moreover, black quinoa is widely used in various skin and hair care products such as shampoos and body lotions as it aims to improve dry and damaged skin and hair.
- Major players operating in the global black quinoa market include The Quinoa Company, The J.M. Smucker Company, ARDENT MILLS, ADM Animal Nutrition, IMG Holdings Inc., Wunder Basket, Northern Quinoa Production Corporation, Kiwi Quinoa, The British Quinoa Company, and Organic Farmers Co.
Global Black Quinoa Market- Impact of Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic
- The world is facing several challenges due to the coronavirus pandemic. For instance, according to the World Health Organization (WHO), around 61.8 million cases have been reported in 185 countries and territories, as of December 1, 2020. The COVID-19 impact varies across several industries. The outbreak has had a negative impact on the growth rate in every sector of the economy, and the agricultural industry is one of it. The pandemic has impacted the agricultural supply chain, as several countries were under lockdown and sealed their borders to curb the spread of the virus. Strict containment regulations imposed by governments of numerous countries and precautionary measures to control the impact of the outbreak have led to restriction of transportation and affected the growth of several markets across the globe.