The global ceramic membrane market was valued at US$ 4,127.3 million in 2018, according to Ceramic Membrane Market Report, by Material (Alumina, Zirconium Oxide, Titania, and Others), by Application (Water and Wastewater Treatment, Pharmaceuticals, Food and Beverage, Chemical Processing, Biotechnology, and Others), by Technology (Ultrafiltration, Microfiltration, Nano-filtration, and Others), and by Region (North America, South America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa).
The global ceramic membrane market is projected to reach US$ 10,893.5 million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 11.3% during the forecast period (2019-2027). Increasing demand for ceramic membrane in the water and wastewater treatment, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, chemical processing, biotechnology industries is expected to boost growth of the ceramic membrane market over the forecast period. Furthermore, rising demand for water treatment is the main driver for the global ceramic membrane industry. The technology related to ceramic membranes is widely accepted for producing purified water from wells, surface water, seawater and brackish water. They are used in wastewater treatment and industrial processes. In biotechnology, ceramic membranes are gaining popularity due to high flux rate, high durability, bacteria resistance, and long life compared to polymeric membranes. Owing to these factors, biotechnology segment is expected to indicate considerable growth in the global ceramic membrane market during the forecast period. The industrial and economic growth has brought about a quantitative as well as a qualitative growth in the generation of different types of waste including industrial, urban, construction, etc. The waste can be converted into a source which contributes to investment in raw materials, promotes sustainable expansion and savings of natural resources and the climate. The low cost stable ceramic membrane production from industrial wastes or available low cost materials will decrease the membrane price while maintaining its fine performance and properties.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 112 market data tables* and 20 figures* on "Ceramic membrane Market” - Global forecast to 2027. Key Takeaways of the Market:
- Based on technology, the ceramic membrane market is segregated into ultrafiltration, microfiltration, nano-filtration, and others. Among technology, ultrafiltration segment holds the largest market for ceramic membranes due to various applications in the field of drinking water, dietary fats, carbohydrates, proteins, and production of fermentation broth.
- In 2018, the ceramic membrane segment held dominant position in the market in terms of revenue. Ceramic membranes are synthetic membranes made from inorganic constituents such as alumina, titania, silica, zirconia and others. Ceramic membranes generally have an irregular structure with several porosity levels.
- Among material type, alumina segment is expected to hold the largest market share, owing to its wide availability, application, and benefits such as, throughout the forecast period. Micro-filters are available in the form of alumina, titanium oxide, zirconium oxide, and pore sizes of less than 1 μ Microfiltration segment is expected to show significant growth due to increasing demand for micro-filters in applications such as pre-filtration of effluent water, biomass separation, whey separation, and milk fractionating in the near future.
- In 2018, Asia Pacific accounted for the largest revenue share of around 13.8% in the ceramic membrane market. Major factors driving growth of the market in the region include increasing demand for ceramic membrane from the pharmaceutical industry in countries such as China, Japan, India, and South Korea that house some of the major pharmaceutical companies such as Rundong Pharmaceutical R&D, WuXi Biologics, 7LeKang (7lk), Medical Darpan, Hepalink.
- Major players operating in the global ceramic membrane market include, TAMI Industries, Pall Corporation, A-tech Innovation GmbH, Hyflux Ltd., Jiangsu Jiuwu Hi-Tech Co. Ltd., Veolia Water Technologies, GEA Group, Nanostone Water Inc., LIQTECH A/S, Saint Gobain, Qua Group LLC., and Toray Industry Inc.
- Key players in the market are focused on increasing research and development (R&D) investment in order to enhance their product offerings. For instance, in 2017, Hyflux Ltd. signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Nanyang Environment and Water Research Institute (NEWRI) to collaborate on research in biomimetic membranes.