The global conductive inks for additive manufacturing market was valued at US$ 101.8 Mn in 2019, according to Conductive Inks for Additive Manufacturing Market Report, by Product Type (Silver Conductive Inks, Copper Conductive Inks, and Others), by Application (Sensors, Antenna, PCBs (Printed Circuit Boards), Radio Frequency Components, and Others), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa), published by Coherent Market Insights.
The global conductive inks for additive manufacturing market is expected to surpass US$ 409.1 million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 23.6% during the forecast period (2020-2027). Increasing use of additive manufacturing in electronics industry is expected to drive demand for conductive inks during the forecast period. Additive manufacturing is one of the key technologies in electronic industry. Currently, it is being used for accelerating product development through rapid prototyping. Additives that are specifically developed for electronic applications are gaining traction because they allow electronics manufacturers to produce prototype products in their premises only. The additive manufacturing systems often come in a compact desktop format, which makes them easy to place in the product development department.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 25 market data tables* and 20 figures* on "Conductive Inks for Additive Manufacturing Market” - Global Forecast to 2027.
Key Trends and Analysis of Conductive Inks for Additive Manufacturing Market:
- Among regions, Europe is expected to be the fastest growing region in the conductive inks sector for additive manufacturing during the forecast period. The automotive industry has emerged as a key business opportunity for conductive ink manufacturers as many electrical vehicles are being introduced in the European region. Nowadays, several new car models are equipped with conductive traces printed on a rear window, serving as the radio antenna. Thus, the rising electrical vehicle industry in Europe is expected to drive growth of the market. The studies by Coherent Market Insights suggests that, electric car sales in Western Europe increased to 727,927 in 2020, and is expected to reach 1 million in 2021. Note - Western Europe includes all the big markets of regions such as France, Germany, Britain, Spain, and Italy.
Key Takeaways of the Market:
- Among product type, silver conductive inks segment held largest revenue share of 66.2% in the global conductive inks for additive manufacturing market in 2019. Increasing use of silver conductive inks for 3D printed electronics is expected to drive demand for silver conductive inks. According to The Silver Institute, by the end of 2021, it is estimated that 48 Moz (millions of ounces) of silver will be consumed in the printed and flexible electronics market globally. Silver conductive inks consumption is estimated to grow at a faster rate, owing to increasing demand for low cost and high‐volume IoT (Internet of Things) connected devices, low‐cost display technologies, and large area organic photovoltaic (OPV) technologies. According to The Silver Institute, it is estimated that approximately 74 Moz of silver will be consumed globally by printed electronics sector by 2030.
- Major players operating in the global conductive inks for additive manufacturing market include Copprint Technologies Ltd., Creative Materials Inc., DuPont, Inc., Electroninks Inc., GenesInk, Netafim, Henkel AG & Co. KGAA, Nano Dimension, Novacentrix Inc., Poly-Ink, PrintCB, Promethean Particles Ltd., and Sun Chemical Company
- Key players operating in the conductive inks for additive manufacturing market are focusing on various strategies such as mergers & acquisitions in order to strengthen their market presence and expand their product portfolio. For instance, in January 2020, Sun Chemical Company acquired Sensient Imaging Technologies, one of the prominent manufacturers and suppliers of digital inks. This acquisition is expected to permit Sun Chemical Company to widen its expertise and capabilities in the digital inks market.
Global Conductive Inks for Additive Manufacturing Market - Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
- COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted the global supply chain, which has resulted in lack of goods for consumers and lack of raw materials for industries. The pandemic is expected to drive demand for additive manufacturing market owing to its potential for fast and flexible production of essential parts. The ease-of-use regulations and standards aided the additive manufacturing industry significantly during the pandemic. For instance, in the U.S., the Food and Drug Administration granted emergency use authorization (EUA) for 3D print parts that are used in medical applications. In May 2020, Formlabs (a U.S.-based 3D printing company) received EUA from the U.S. FDA to print bi-level positive airway pressure (BiPAP) adapters to combat ventilator shortages at the beginning of pandemic in the U.S. These factors are expected to drive demand for conductive inks during the pandemic.