The global diaper market
was valued at US$ 63.1 billion in 2018, according to the Diaper Market Report, by Product Type (Adult (Tab Style, Briefs and Pads & Liners), Baby (Regular Diapers, Diaper Pants, Training Pants, Baby Diaper Liners, and Others), by End User (Men, Women, and Babies), By Distribution Channel (Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Pharmacy Stores, Online Channels), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa) published by
The global diaper market is expected to reach US$ 118.7billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.5% over the forecast period.
Rising consumer awareness regarding the hygiene and benefits of diaper is driving growth of the global diaper market. Diapers offers various advantages such as comfort, safety, convenience and are easily disposable. Diapers also offer perfect fit, softness, and absorbency which is expected to facilitate their demand among consumers.
Diapers are made from pulp, synthetic absorbent polymers, and adhesives, and continuous use of diapers can result in skin rashes, allergies, and itching. Therefore, sensitive skin of babies and infants can limit the use of diapers, which, in turn, is expected to hamper the global diaper market growth during the forecast period.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 105 market data tables* and 43 figures* on "Diaper Market” - Global forecast to 2027.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Diaper Market:
Key Takeaways of the Market:
- Among product type, adult diaper segment was the fastest growing segment in 2018 due to increasing awareness among populace about personal hygiene and increasing number of prostate surgeries. According to the National Association for Incontinence, in 2017, 53% of homebound older persons were incontinent. Moreover, urinary incontinence is the 10th most diagnosed condition among homebound persons in the U.S.
- Among distribution channels, hypermarkets & supermarkets segment held a lucrative market share in the global diaper market in 2018. Discounts offered by hypermarkets & supermarkets and bulk availability of different products under one roof are some of the key factors driving growth of this segment. Hypermarkets & supermarkets attract customers by offering discounts on a variety of diaper brands for babies and adults. Customers visiting hypermarkets & supermarkets are primarily local residents and small businesses that periodically need to replenish their stock of household products. Moreover, hypermarkets & supermarkets establish trust among their consumers due to convenient services and attractive offers. These are the factors that are facilitating growth of this segment in the diaper market.
- North America held a significant market in the global diapers in 2018 due to high literacy rate, working population, and product development in the region. Biodegradable diapers are expected to be major growth promoters for the baby diaper market in the U.S. due to environmental regulations. Disposable diapers are commonly preferred because they are easy to use and disposable. Moreover, bio-degradable diapers are gaining popularity in North America due to their eco-friendly nature. These factors are expected to drive growth of the North America diaper market.
- Key players are adopting inorganic growth strategies such as mergers and acquisitions, and product launches in order to gain market share in the global diaper market. For instance, in May 2019, Huggies, a brand of KimberlyClark Corp. launched smart diaper Monit x Huggies in the U.S. which was earlier launched in South Korea market. Monit x Huggies is smartphone-enabled and monitors the baby’s poop and pee. In July 2019, KimberlyClark Corp. launched ‘Huggies Special Delivery Diapers’ made from plant based materials such as sugarcane. This new product has superior absorption and comfort fit. Huggies Special Delivery Diapers is available in U.S. and Canada market
- Major players in the global diaper market include Svenska Cellulosa AB, DSG International Ltd., First Quality Enterprises, Inc., Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Abena A/S, Attends Healthcare Products, Inc., Unicharm Corporation, Kao Corporation, Ontex Group, Chiaus (Fujian) Industrial Development Co Ltd., and others