Disposable Blood Bags Market By Product Type (Collection Bags (Single Collection Bags, Double Collection Bags, Triple Collection Bags, Quadruple Collection Bags), Transfer Bags) By End User ( Blood Banks, Hospitals, Non – Government Organization (NGO)), By Channel ( Tender Sales, Private Sales), and By Region ( North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa)- Size, Share, Outlook and Opportunity Analysis, 2023-2027 is estimated to be valued at US$ 255.4 Million in 2023 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 5.47% during the forecast period (2023-2030), as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights.
Disposable blood bags are used in sold in government hospitals and national blood banks through government contracts and procurements through the bidding process. Privately funded hospitals, clinics, and blood banks also demand disposable blood bags. NGOs also use disposable plastic blood collection bags during blood donation campaigns. The global disposable blood bags market for cancer supportive care was estimated to account for US$ 370.7 Mn in terms of value by the end of 2030.
Global Disposable Blood Bags Market – Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic had a drastic impact on the global disposable blood bags market. For instance, according to the 2021 data, during the post-lockdown pandemic year blood donation was majorly by repeat donors (83%) from the in-house site (82.5%). Furthermore, the proportion of outdoor donation, deferral, blood collection, demand, and issue demonstrated a significant drop of 50%, 32.6%, 33%, 31.8%, and 32.3%, respectively, in comparison to the non-pandemic years.
Global Disposable Blood Bags Market: Key Developments
- In April 2022, a new blood bank center was inaugurated by the American Oncology Institute at Babina Speciality Hospital, Imphal East, India where private hospitals, including bedridden patients at homecare, can avail of the service.
- In April 2022, is a medical technology company. The products, software and services enable customers to collect and prepare blood and cells to help treat challenging diseases and conditions. Terumo Blood and Cell Technologies received a US$ 10.6 million contract to continue its work on freeze-dried plasma (FDP). The contract is with (MTEC), the Medical Technology Enterprise Consortium, a biomedical technology consortium collaborating under an Other Transaction Agreement (OTA) with the U.S. Army Medical Research and Development Command sponsored by the Defense Health Agency (DHA) and managed by the Naval Medical Research Center (NMRC) to drive healthcare advances on the battlefield.
Browse 28 Market Data Tables and 22 Figures spread through 120 Pages and in-depth TOC on “Disposable Blood Bags Market By Product Type (Collection Bags (Single Collection Bags, Double Collection Bags, Triple Collection Bags, Quadruple Collection Bags), Transfer Bags) By End User ( Blood Banks, Hospitals, Non – Government Organization (NGO)), By Channel ( Tender Sales, Private Sales), and By Region ( North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa)
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Key Takeaways of the Global Disposable Blood Bags Market:
- The global disposable blood bags market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 5.47% during the forecast period due to the increasing emergence of Covid-19. For instance, according to the statistics published by the World Health Organization (WHO), in 2020, over 118.5 million blood donations are collected for blood transfusion to diseased patients.
- Among Product type, collection bags segment is estimated to hold a dominant position in the global disposable blood bags market over the forecast period. In 2020, due to the rising prevalence of viral diseases, the increasing prevalence of human papillomavirus (HPV) and cervical cancer is expected to assist the segment growth during the forecast period.
- Among region, North America is expected to be the dominant region in the global disposable blood bags market due to the rising number of research and development activities. Asia-Pacific is expected to grow at the highest growth rate during the forecast period of 2022 to 2029 due to the development of the healthcare sector along with rising awareness among the people regarding blood donation and its benefits.
- Major players operating in the global disposable blood bags market include Poly Medicure Limited, Grifols, S.A., Macopharma, Fresenius Kabi India Pvt. Ltd., Terumo Penpol Pvt. Limited, HLL Lifecare Limited, Span Healthcare Private Limited, and Innvol Medical India Limited