The Europe trash bags market was valued at US$ 2,026.4 million in 2019, according to Europe Trash Bags Market Report, by Material Type (Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE), High Density Polyethylene (HDPE), Linear Low Density Polyethylene (LLDPE), Polypropylene (LBP), and Others (Woven Polypropylene, etc.)), by Capacity (Up to 5 Gallons, 6-10 Gallons, 11-15 Gallons, 16-20 Gallons, and 21 Gallons & above), by Distribution Channel (Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Online, and Departmental Stores), by Application (Residential, Commercial, and Industrial), published by Coherent Market Insights.
The Europe trash bags market is expected to surpass US$ 2,876.2 million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 4.7% during the forecast period (2020-2027). The growth of the Europe trash bags market is expected to be driven by the growing need for waste management. Moreover, Municipal corporations are focusing on separate collection of wastes for proper waste management. For instance, in 2011, Milan (Italy) introduced separate collection of kitchen waste for composting and anaerobic digestion. The kitchen waste is collected twice a week via small bins with a special airy structure. The system covers 1.4 million inhabitants and has been a main driver in increasing the separate collection rate from 35% to 54%.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 50 market data tables* and 45 figures* on "Europe Trash Bags Market” - Global Forecast to 2027.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Europe Trash Bags Market:
- Among countries, ‘Rest of the Europe’ (Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, Denmark, and Others) accounted for a significant market share in 2019. Huge amount of waste generation is expected to drive market growth for trash bags in Europe over the forecast period. For instance, According to European Environment Agency, between 2010 and 2016, the total waste generation increased by 3.0% (around 74.7 million tons) in the EU-28 countries. Absolute total waste increased by 6.0% (48.1 million tons) and generation per capita went up by 70 kg per capita.
Key Takeaways of the Market:
- The low density polyethylene (LDPE) segment generated a revenue of US$ 818.3 Mn in terms of value in 2019 and is expected to generate a revenue of US$ 1,168.1 Mn by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 4.8%. LDPE trash bags are used in various industries such as automobile, chemical, pharmaceutical, garments, textile, and others for packing of products. These LDPE bags prevent the product from dust/rain and transit damage.
- Major players operating in the Europe trash bags market include Cosmoplast, Kemii Garbage Bag Co. Ltd., Berry Global Inc., Novolex, Pack-It B.V., Novplasta CZ, Sro, Emil Deiss KG, Dagoplast, Achaika Plastics S.A., and Terdex GmBH.
- Key players operating in the Europe trash bags market are focusing on various strategies such as mergers & acquisitions in order to strengthen their market presence and expand their product portfolio. For instance, in August 2018, Berry Global Inc. acquired Laddawn Inc., a manufacturer of blown polyethylene bags and films with a unique-to-industry e-commerce sales platform. With the help of this acquisition, Berry Global Inc. aims to increase its customer base by offering its products through Laddawn’s e-commerce channel.
Europe Trash Bags Market - Impact of Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic
- The manufacturers experienced supply chain disruption in the first half of the year due to lockdown in various countries. However, once the economies started resuming, the supply chain has been normalized. The pandemic had a short term impact on the sales and production of trash bags. The waste bags in the patient room should be replaced frequently. The wastes collected from cleaning healthcare facilities should be treated as infectious waste category, waste from non-health care settings should be disposed off in a separate bag, and wastes from general settings should be disposed off in the residual waste. The need for proper waste management during the coronavirus crisis is expected to drive demand for trash bags.