The global bone sonometer market
, by Design (Portable Bone Sonometer and Stand Alone Bone Sonometer), by End User (Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Clinics, and Others), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa)
was valued at US$ 864.3 million in 2017, and is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 5.32%
over the forecast period (2018 – 2026), as highlighted in a new report published by .
Bone sonometer is a type of bone densitometry equipment that utilizes sound waves, which strikes with bone tissue and provide details about bone tissue in graphical manner. It is used to assess the health of peripheral skeletal bones in body by use of radiology technique such as ultrasound sonography. This technique is most important in assessing bone health, which will eventually avoid fracture incidences in cases of osteoporosis. Various peripheral skeletal sites that can be assessed with bone sonometer are calcaneus, phalanges of the hand, and tibia. In addition, it can also assess the structural and biomechanical properties of bone that contributes to bone strength
Bone sonometer is built with various advantageous features such as safe and non-invasive equipment, easy to use, easy to move due to portability. It can be used to check mineral status in all age groups including children, adults, and geriatric population.
Increased prevalence of osteoporosis and fractures serves as an important factor for growth of the bone sonometer market, worldwide. According International Osteoporosis Foundation factsheet 2018, worldwide, osteoporosis causes over 8.9 million fractures annually, resulting in an osteoporotic fracture every 3 second, 1 in 3 women over age 50 will experience osteoporotic fractures, compared to 1 in 5 men aged over 50 worldwide, in the next decade.
Moreover, global scale malnourishment and nutritional deficiency in children may lead to juvenile osteoporosis and risk of fracture, which would create strong demand for bone sonometer in the market.
Key players are launching innovative products, in order to maintain and expand their business presence in the market. Such innovative products are addressing various needs of both surgeons and patients, thereby contributing to growth of the bone sonometer market. For instance, Bone Index Ltd., one of Europe's top new manufacturers of medical devices, received 510(k) clearance from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2017, for the second generation Bindex point-of-care device model to help in osteoporosis diagnosis. This device provides point-of-care based on pulse-echo ultrasound technique.
Browse 24 Market Data Tables and 26 Figures spread through 155 Pages and in-depth TOC on “Global Bone Sonometer market”- Design (Portable Bone Sonometer, Stand Alone Bone Sonometer), by End User (Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Clinics, and Others) and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in the bone sonometer market click the link below:
Key Takeaways of the Bone Sonometer market:
- The global bone sonometer market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 5.32% during the forecast period, owing to increasing incidence of osteoporosis, growing awareness about preventive bone health, and increased geriatric population worldwide
- Among design, portable bone sonometer is expected to hold larger share during forecast period, owing to its convenience of use, affordable cost as compared to standalone devices, and technological upgradation
- Among end users, hospital is expected to hold the largest market share, as hospitals are conventionally preferred healthcare facility by patients for osteoporosis diagnostics and treatment. Moreover, hospitals are equipped with variety of equipment for bone density scanning therefore, it is most likely to hold large share among all end users in the bone sonometer market.
- North America is expected to be the dominant region in the bone sonometer market, followed by Europe. The U.S. spends highest per capita healthcare expenditure and its robust healthcare infrastructure makes it an attractive destination for the bone sonometer market. According to statistics by International Osteoporosis Foundation, osteoporosis and low bone mass are currently estimated to be a major public health threat, which affects about 44 million in population with age 50 years and above in the U.S.
- Key players operating in the bone sonometer market include, Hologic, Inc., GE Healthcare, Echolight, DMS Imaging, Osteocys Co. Ltd., BeamMed Ltd., Medilink, and Furuno Electric Co., Ltd.