Global Dairy Nutrition Market was valued at US$ 15.73 Billion in 2022, according to Global Dairy Nutrition Market Report published by Coherent Market Insights by Ingredient (Whey Protein, Casein Protein, Prebiotics, Vitamins & Minerals, Colostrum, and Nucleotides) and by Application (Functional Foods, Infant Formula & Clinical, Dairy Products, Bakery & Confectionary, and Personal Care).
The dairy nutrition market is expected to register a CAGR of 7.92% over the forecast period (2023–2030), to reach US$ 28.94 Billion by 2030. Some of the major factors propelling growth of this market are increasing demand for dairy nutrients, majorly from the food processing sector and growing awareness regarding health benefits of consuming dairy products. Health benefits associated with consumption of dairy products include reducing cholesterol levels, healthy bone growth and lower risk of cardiovascular disease. Furthermore, increasing demand for milk-based ingredients in skin care and hair care cosmetics is another factor propelling growth of the dairy nutrition market.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 90 market data tables* and 50 figures* on "Dairy Nutrition Market” - Global forecast to 2030.
Key Trends and Analysis of Dairy Nutrition Market:
- Among ingredient segments, dairy protein held a dominant position in the market in 2022 and is expected to maintain its dominance over the forecast period, registering the highest CAGR. Dairy protein segment is further segmented into whey protein and casein protein. Whey protein is a mixture of alpha-lactalbumin, beta-lactoglobulin, immunoglobins, and bovine serum albumin that provide health benefits such as reducing cholesterol, blood pressure, supporting weight loss, and reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Among application segment, functional food segment held a dominant position in the market in 2022. However, infant formula & clinical application is projected to witness rapid growth over the forecast period. Dairy products are rich in amino acids, calcium and potassium that are easily absorbed by the body. Calcium and potassium are responsible for bone development, proper cell metabolism, kidney functioning, and cellular ion balance. These benefits associated with dairy products is expected to propel in forecast period (2023-2030) by use of dairy nutrients in clinical application.
Key Takeaways of the Market:
- North America held a dominant position in the global dairy nutrition market in 2022. This is majorly due to increasing number of obese and cardiovascular patients in the region. Whey protein consumption helps in weight loss and reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately 610,000 people die of heart diseases in the U.S. every year that is 1 out of every 4 deaths.
- Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing region in the global dairy nutrition market over the forecast period, registering the highest CAGR. This is mainly owing to increasing awareness regarding health benefits of consuming dairy proteins. Moreover, high prevalence of malnutrition in the region is also expected to drive growth by forecast period (2023-2030) of the dairy nutrition market. According to the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), More than 350 million people in the Asia and the Pacific were undernourished in 2021, or roughly half of the global total. Across the region, an estimated 75.4 million children under 5 years of age were stunted (too short for their age) and 32.3 million suffered from wasting (too thin for height).However, all forms of malnutrition is preventable with the adequate health care, nutrition, and others. Thus, it is expected to support the market growth of dairy nutrition in the region.
- The major players operating in the global dairy nutrition market include Groupe Danone, Fonterra Co-operative Group Ltd., Proliant Inc., Koninklijke DSM N.V., E.I. DuPont De Nemours and Company, Arla Foods amba, Cargill Inc., Groupe Lactalis S.A., APS BioGroup, and Nestle S.A.