The Global Guarana Market was valued at US$ 5,062.1 million in 2020, according to Guarana Market Report, by Product Form (Liquid, and Powder), by Application (Energy Drinks, Fruit Juice Based Drinks, Confectionery Products, Dietary Supplements, Cosmetics, and Others), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa), published by Coherent Market Insights.
The Global Guarana Market was valued at US$ 5,062.1 million in terms of revenue in 2020 and is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 7.1% during the forecast period (2021 to 2028). Guarana is a substance that is produced from seeds of a woody perennial shrub that is mainly found in Brazil. It is majorly used as a stimulant due to its high caffeine content. Moreover, it is also used to treat various health problems such as diarrhea, headache, low blood pressure, fever, and joint pain. In addition to this, guarana is also used as a flavoring ingredient in the food and beverage industry. It is widely available in liquid and powder form. Confectionery products, fruit-juice based drinks, energy drinks, dietary supplements, and cosmetics are some of the key applications of the guarana.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 50 market data tables* and 45 figures* on “Guarana Market” - Global Forecast to 2028.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Global Guarana Market:
- Rising demand for sugar-free and organic products is propelling the market growth of the guarana. Various manufacturers are offering sugar-free, low nutrients, naturally extracted guarana organic powder as these play a major role as a functional ingredient when added to food products. For instance. Lifefood offers organic guarana powder which can be mixed with beverages, water, shakes, nuts, seeds, etc. Hence, increasing demand for sugar-free and organic products is augmenting the market growth of guarana over the forecast period.
- Growing government initiatives for promoting the intake of dietary supplements is one of the emerging trends in the market. Various governments’ agencies and institutions are promoting intake of dietary supplements in order to control and prevent chronic diseases such as obesity, blood pressure, and high cholesterol. For instance, the Chinese government released Nutrition Improvement Work Management Approach, and the primary reason behind releasing this approach was to promote dietary supplements for a healthier diet and for reducing prevalence of lifestyle related disease.
- The growing demand for energy drinks among health consumers is projected to offer more lucrative market opportunities. For instance, in April 2019, The Coca-Cola Company has launched it’s first-ever energy drink. The new product contains caffeine from naturally-derived sources, guarana extracts, B vitamins, and no taurine. Moreover, it is also available in no-sugar, no-calorie options. Thus, the growing demand for energy drinks is expected to foster the market growth of the guarana.
Global Guarana Market: Recent Developments
- In August 2021, Duas Rodas is a finalist for the fifth year in a row in the FI Innovation Awards for most innovative products or ingredients.
- In April 2021, Duas Rodas, a Brazilian leader in the production of food flavours and ingredients, invests in the plant-based solutions and expands the plant-based solutions technology, which provides plant protein the flavor, juiciness, and texture of meat.
- In September 2021, Ambev has declared that it has constructed its first significant brewery and malting facility in Brazil, both of which are carbon neutral. The factories have decreased their CO2 emissions by 90% and have offset the remaining 10%. Ambev has invested around $25 million in sustainable practises in its operations during the last five years.
- The increasing use of guarana in the beverage is leading to a gap in demand and supply. For instance, over 70% of the total guarana is produced globally is utilized by beverage industries, and hence a moderate volume remains for other applications such as dietary supplements, confectionery products, and various cosmetics. This is expected to hinder the market growth.
- The Global Guarana Market was valued at US$ 5,062.1 Mn in 2020 and is forecast to reach a value of US$ 8,485.6 Mn by 2028 at a CAGR of 7.1% between 2021 and 2028.
- The Liquid segment was valued US$ 3,066.4 Mn in 2020 and is expected to witness a CAGR of 7.2% over the forecast period.
- Major players operating in the global guarana market include, Vitaspice Brasil Ltda, Prover Brasil for Export Ltda, Herboflora Produtos Naturais Ltda, Ambev, Duas Rodas Industrial Ltd, A R De Sousa Ribeiro & Cia Ltd, Natural Amazon Herbs Producao De Extratos Ltda, Iris Trade Inc., The Green Labs LLC, and Nutra Green Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- These players are constantly engaged in mergers, acquisitions and product launches to gain competitive advantage over other players. For instance, In September 2021, Duas Rodas has launched an aromatic herbal extract for the beverage industry. The Aromatic Herbal Extract, manufactured by Duas Rodas, is a blend of herbs and spices transformed into exotic smells to enhance the flavour of alcoholic beverages.
Global Guarana Market - Impact of Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic
- After the COVID-19 virus hit the world, food industries has adopted many measures to protect their employees, secure supply chains, and address other concerns in the market. During initial days of pandemic F &B market and grocery stores were shut down but later it has created a massive spike in online grocery delivery services. However, major players in the guarana market are looking for adopting various strategies for reimagining and reforming their business.
By Product Form
- Energy Drinks
- Fruit Juice Based Drinks
- Confectionery Products
- Dietary Supplements
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa