The Global Laminated Labels Market was valued at US$ 25,406.0 million in 2020, according to Laminated Labels Market Report, by Material Type (Polyester, Vinyl, Polycarbonate, Polypropylene and Others), by End Use Industry (Food and Beverages, Pharmaceuticals, Home and Personal Care, Consumer Durables, Retail Labels, and Others (Apparels and textile, industrial lubricants, paints and gift)), by Type of Ink (Water Based, Solvent Based, Hot Melt Based, and UV curable), by Printing Technology (Digital, Flexography, Lithography, and Others (Print)) and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa), published by Coherent Market Insights.
The Global Laminated Labels Market was valued at US$ 25,406.0 million in terms of revenue in 2020 and is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 5.1% during the forecast period (2021 to 2028). Laminated labels are material that covers all the essential information associated with the product. It helps in protecting the imprints and makes it readable and intact for a longer time. Laminated labels are durable as they are produced by using various materials such as polyesters, polypropylene, and other laminating materials. They are widely used across various end-user industries such as pharmaceuticals, food and beverages, consumer durables, and personal care.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 50 market data tables* and 45 figures* on “Laminated Labels Market” - Global Forecast to 2028.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Global Laminated Labels Market:
- The influence of social media on labeling and packaging is supporting the market growth. New social media technologies such as image recognition technology are gaining popularity and this is attributed to the growing trend of digitalization around the globe. Image recognition technology helps customers recognize brand labels and images without the names being mentioned in hashtags. In this, first-line messaging is done for brand and companies by the labels. Thus, the influence of social media on packaging and labeling is playing a crucial role in the development of the industry.
- Recycling of laminated labels is a growing trend in the market. Governments of various countries, are setting standard for environment, and sustainability in the label industry. Many environmental and sustainability regulations are now implemented in the label industry in order to ensure the use of more sustainable material and reduce the movement of waste to landfills. Label manufacturers are adopting the use of recyclable material in order to reduce power consumption and carbon footprints. Thus, the growing adoption of recycling of laminated labels across various manufacturer is augmenting the market growth.
- Increasing use of ant counterfeit and brand protection solutions is projected to bring new market opportunities in the near future. Advanced technologies are being introduced for the creation of finished anti-counterfeiting labels for brand protection. This technology helps in preventing the counterfeiting of highly sensitive products for business giants where packaging plays a crucial role and thus reduce crime. Therefore, increasing use of brand protection and anti-counterfeit solutions will favor the market growth.
Global Laminated Labels Market: Recent Developments
- In January 2021, Avery Dennison has decided to acquire Acpo, a leader in pressure-sensitive overlaminate products for labels and flexible packaging, for US$ 87.6 million.
- In December 2020, In India, Avery Dennison has established a new production facility in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh with an investment of US$34 million as part of its objective to achieve sustainable company growth and better service its major markets.
- In March 2020, Plasztik-Tranzit Kft, a specialist in high-quality flexible packaging solutions for the food industry, has been acquired by Coveris. Plasztik-Tranzit Kft would be renamed Coveris Pirtó as part of the deal.
- Economic downturns coupled with the increase in the implementation of stringent environmental policies are expected to restrict market growth. Laminated labels are composed of face stock, adhesive, and release liners, and all these materials release liners that are produced from HDPE and PVC materials. These materials are hazardous to the environment, thereby hindering the market growth.
- The Global Laminated Labels Market was valued at US$ 25,406.0 Mn in 2020 and is forecast to reach a value of US$ 37,741.8 Mn by 2028 at a CAGR of 5.1% between 2021 and 2028.
- The Polyester segment was valued US$ 8,407.5 Mn in 2020 and is expected to witness a CAGR of 4.6% over the forecast period.
- Major players operating in the global Laminated Labels include, Avery Dennison Corporation, Coveris Holdings S.A., CCL Label, Inc., Constantia Flexibles Group GmbH, Cenveo Corporation, Hub Labels, Inc., ImageTek Labels, SheetLabels.com, Langley Labels, and Reflex Labels
- These players are constantly engaged in mergers, acquisitions and product launches to gain competitive advantage over other players. For instance, In November 2020, CCL Industries Inc., a worldwide provider in specialty label, security, and packaging solutions for global corporations, government institutions, small businesses, and consumers, confirmed recently that it has signed a binding agreement to acquire Super Enterprises Printing Sdn. Bnd., a Kuala Lumpur-based printing company with a second manufacturing facility in Guangzhou, China.
Global Laminated Labels Market - Impact of Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic
- The Covid-19 outbreak has had an adverse impact on various industries around the globe. Due to the strict rules and regulations undertaken by government to curb the spread of the infection, companies are looking to function remotely. Moreover, various companies are looking to implement strict measures to operate at minimum risks. Additionally, various companies had shutdowns their manufacturing units which had an adverse impact on laminated labels market.
By Material Type
By End Use Industry
- Food and Beverages
- Home and Personal Care
- Consumer Durables
- Retail Labels
- Others (Apparels and textile, industrial lubricants, paints and gift)
By Type of Ink
- Water Based
- Solvent Based
- Hot Melt Based
- UV curable
By Printing Technology
- Others ( Print)
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa