The Machine Glazed Kraft Paper market is estimated to be valued at US$ 9.25 million in 2021, according to Machine Glazed Kraft Paper Market Report, by Grade (Unbleached and bleached ), by end use (Food and beverages, Healthcare, Electrical and Electronics, Personal care and Cosmetics, Textile, Building and Construction, and Household) by Application (Bags and Pouches, Sacks, Wraps, Labels and Release Liners, Coating and Laminations, Tray, Cups and Bowls and others) and by Region (North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa), published by Coherent Market Insights.
The Machine Glazed Kraft Paper market is expected to surpass US$ 12.09 billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 3.9% during the forecast period (2021-2028). The rising demand for the machine glazed kraft paper for the packaging in the packaging industry is expected to drive the market growth. Rising home decoration trends are further driving the demand for the machine glazed kraft paper. The growing residential and commercial housing facilities infrastructural facilities is likely to excel the consumption of machine glazed kraft paper among the people. Further, industrial requirement for different sizes of glossy paper along with barrier properties are resulting in soaring demand for machine glazed kraft paper. An increasing number of buyers across the globe are targeting almost every segment within the paper packaging industry including machine glazed kraft paper. Ability of machine glazed kraft paper to fulfill packaging requirements of both, food and non-food items coupled with pricing affordability and sustainability attracts a significant number of manufacturers in the market
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 50 market data tables* and 40 figures* on "Machine Glazed Kraft Paper Market” - Global Forecast to 2028.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Machine Glazed Kraft Paper Market:
- Among regions, North America accounted for the share of 21.36% in 2020 in the Machine Glazed Kraft Paper market. According to the U.S Department of Agriculture, with the proliferation of the take away food culture, the food & beverage industry is expected to grow significantly in the U.S. This has propelled the demand for bags & pouches, wraps, and other packaging solutions made of machine glazed kraft paper. Key players therefore have a good opportunity to target the U.S. market. However, disruptions caused amid pandemic resulting in declining sales in the food and beverages sector also affected growth prospects for the machine glazed paper market. Nonetheless, recovery is underway as economies return to normalcy post lockdown. The same will be applicable in the U.S. market as well, which is expected to account for majority sales in North America.
Key Takeaways of the Machine Glazed Kraft Paper Market:
- Among Grade, Bleached Machine Glazed Kraft paper segment accounted for the market share of 57.84 % in 2020, in the Machine Glazed Kraft Paper Bleached kraft or white kraft paper has similar properties to virgin natural kraft. It is strong and durable and therefore ideal for heavy-duty applications that need a high level of tear resistance. It is also perfect for attractive and economical packaging and wrapping. Another application, due to its clean and crisp appearance, is as an economical alternative to linen tablecloths and napkins.
- The others segment in application segment includes Label and release liners which has seen a significant growth in Machine Glazed Kraft Paper market. Release liners are the paper films that avoids the premature adhesion of the sticky surface mostly labels. Increasing demand of release liners from the food and beverages sector is driving the market for machine glazed kraft paper. Increased demand for packaged food products and convenience food shall positively impact the market. Additionally the expansion in the retail sector coupled with the shifting preference of consumer towards sustainable packaging is expected to fuel market growth.
- Major players operating in the Machine Glazed Kraft Paper market include Loparex, Verso Corporation, Munksj, Mondi Plc, Smurfit Kappa Group Plc, Sappi Limited, Nippon Paper Group, Stora Enso Oyj., Heinzel Group, BillerudKorsnäs AB, Asia Pulp & Paper (APP) Sinar Mas, Gascogne Papier SAS, Papelera de Brandia, S.A.
- Technology launches, acquisitions, and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the Machine Glazed Kraft Paper market. For instance, in July 2020, Asia Pulp & Paper today announced the expansion of its Enza Specialty papers portfolio with the addition of Enza HS Flexpack for both the North & Latin America markets. This new unbleached, natural brown Kraft paper provides quick service restaurants with a sustainable packaging solution for lightweight take-a-way food wrappers, box liners and carry-out-bags.
Machine Glazed Kraft Paper Market - Impact of Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic
- The consequences of COVID-19 pandemic have led to the slowdown of food and food packaging production, demand, and trade. Though extended lockdowns amid COVID-19 have resulted in disruption of supply chain and production of pulp and paper around the world, demand for personal care products, including paper demand for end users like healthcare and household increased, leading machine glazed kraft paper manufacturers have increased their production for the segments such as hospitals and healthcare facilities. But the other end users for the machine glazed kraft paper have seen a large drop in demand. The industries like textile packaging, automotive and electrical and electronics and building and construction which holds a major applications for the machine glazed kraft paper have faced difficulties during the pandemic and the demand decreased from these industries. The pandemic has been slowed down due to which the industries are again regaining there market and the demand is further increasing rapidly.