Global Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids (PUFAs) Market estimated at US$ 5889.12 Million in 2022, according to the Global Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids (PUFAs) Market Report, by Source (Marine (Algal and Fungus Oil, Fish Oil, Krill Oil), Plant (Chia Seed Oil, Flax Seed Oil, Other)), by Form (Oil, Syrup, Softgel and Capsule, Other), by Application (Dietary Supplement, Infant Formula, Pharmaceuticals, Food and Beverages, Animal Food and Feed), by Region (North America, Europe, Asia-pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa), published by Coherent Market Insights.
Global polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) market was valued at US$ 5889.12 Million in 2022 and is expected to register a CAGR of 8.02% over the forecast period (2022–2030), to reach US$ 10916.46 Million by 2030.
Polyunsaturated fatty acids are compounds that have more than one unsaturated carbon bond. They are important fats which cannot be produced by the human body hence it is required to consume through food as it improves the overall metabolic process. They have beneficial effects on the cardiovascular system and also helps to enhance the cognitive functions.
Polyunsaturated fatty acids include omega-3 fatty acids and omega-6 fatty acids. They have become an ideal replacement for saturated and trans fats, and offer numerous health benefits. PUFAs reduce triglycerides, prevent arrhythmia, lower blood pressure, control blood sugar, and reduce risk for diabetes.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Key Trends and Analysis of the Global Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids (PUFAs) Market
- Global polyunsaturated fatty acid (PUFAs) market growth is being driven by an increase in product demand owing to the health benefits associated with omega 3 (PUFAs), as well as an increase in its use in the industrial sector.
- Geographically, North America Global Polyunsaturated fatty acid (PUFAs) Market held the largest revenue share of 39% in 2020 owing to increasing health concerns in among the region.
- The global polyunsaturated fatty acid (PUFAs) Market is expanding owing to emerging applications of Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) in food, dietary supplements and clinical nutrition. The market's growth will also be fuelled by ongoing research and advancements in omega 3 fatty acids is pushing the global polyunsaturated fatty acid (PUFAs) market forward during the forecast period 2021-2026.
Key Takeaways of the Global Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids (PUFAs) Market:
- Fish oil is the main source of polyunsaturated fatty acids. The exploration of new sources to extract PUFAs has been aided by the recent evolution in market trends, such as the listed ingredients. For people eating vegetarian diets, two excellent sources of this fatty acid are flax seeds and algae oil. In the coming years, it is anticipated that the newly developed techniques and research will support the health claims made for PUFAs.
- New product launches, merger & acquisitions, strategic partnership expansion, and research & development activities for the polyunsaturated fatty acid (PUFAs) are key strategies adopted by players in the global polyunsaturated fatty acid market. For instance, in February 2020, Wiley Companies a producer of AlaskOmega omega-3 fish oil concentrates and natural fish oils announced that it has launched an MSC-certified omega-3 concentrate powder for use in food, beverage, and dietary supplement formulations.