The global projector screen market was valued at US$ 86.4 billion in 2017, and is projected to reach US$ 308.6 billion by 2026, exhibiting a CAGR of 15.3% over the forecast period, according to Global Projector Screen Market Report, by Projector Screen Type (Wall/Ceiling Screens, Portable Screens, Fixed Frame Screens, and Other Screens), by Application (Professional Use and Personal Use), by Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, and Africa). A projector screen is installed on a surface or a support stand for displaying a digital image or video. Use of flat or curved screen depends on optics used to project the image. Flat projector screen is the most commonly used of the two. Projector screen can be designed for a front or back projection.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Global Projector Screen Market:
- Ultra-short throw (UST) projectors are placed at the nearest distance from the screen according to their range, which is nearly around 8-50 cm. At this range, these projectors offer around 80 inches of wide display. This eliminates the need to adjust the projector or the screen according to the distance. Ultra short throw projectors are best suited for home theater applications and educational institutes.
- Short throw (ST) projectors are smaller than ultra-short throw projectors. Moreover, short throw projectors have a longer range than ultra-short throw projectors. Short throw projectors are highly preferred by corporate firms for use in business meetings, training, seminars, and other purposes.
To know the latest trends and insights related to Projector Screen Market, click the link below:
Key Takeaways of the Market:
- According to ’ analysis, North America held the dominant position in global projector screen market and is expected to retain its dominant position over the forecast period. The U.S. and Canada are the major growth engines for the market in North America. North America accounted for a market share of 38.1% by value in the global projector screen market in 2017. This is majorly due to high presence of SMEs and large-sized enterprises and educational institutes and high disposable income of people in the region. Moreover, introduction and increasing application of UST projectors and ST projectors is also contributing to growth of the projector screen market in this region.
- Among application, the professional use segment (mainly small and medium enterprises) are expected to contribute majorly to the global projector screen market growth. For instance, according to the World Bank, in 2017, around 365-445 million MSMEs were present worldwide. The number of SMEs in Europe was 23 million, according to the European Commission in 2015.
- In 2017, the wall/ceiling projector screen segment held a dominant position in the market and is expected to witness considerable growth during the forecast period. This wall/ceiling projector screen is a permanently installed screens, which can be mounted on the wall or ceiling. This projector screen has a feature of electric and roll out operations and is usually much smaller in size. This projector screen is majorly used in corporate companies, educational institutes, home theaters, and as customized small screens for live events, seminars, luxury hotels, and lounge.
- Some of the major players operating in the projector screen market include, Elite Screens Inc., Stewart Filmscreen Corporation, Da-Elite, Silver Ticket Products, Seiko Epson Corporation, Custom Display Solutions, Inc., Grandview Screen, Harkness Screens International Ltd, Swastik Telon, Vutec Corporation, Barco NV, and Dnp Denmark A/S.