The Global Water Based Colloidal Graphite Market was valued at US$ 668.6 million in 2020, According to Water Based Colloidal Graphite Market Report, by Application (Lubricant/Release Agent (Forging, Die Casting & Extrusion), Anti-static Coatings, Conductive Ink, Others (Smart Fabrics etc.)), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa), published by Coherent Market Insights
The global water based colloidal graphite market was valued at US$ 668.6 million in terms of revenue, in 2020 and is estimated to exhibit a CAGR of 5.7% during the forecast period (2021 to 2028). Colloidal graphite is a conductive coating and industrial lubricant made up of a liquid suspension of graphitic carbon in water or different organic solvents. It comes as a concentrated paste that must be diluted with distilled water to reach the correct consistency before use. It can be applied by brushing, swabbing, spraying, or dipping, and then dried to leave a layer of pure graphite on the surface. The coating gets electrically conductive after drying. Its resistance and other electrical properties change depend on the degree of dilution and the technique of application.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 50 market data tables* and 45 figures* on “water based colloidal graphite Market” - Global Forecast to 2028.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Global Water Based Colloidal Graphite Market:
Players operating in the water-based colloidal graphite market are focusing on new product development with the objective of attracting new customers by meeting their demands and also to retain their market position. For instance, in September 2019, Dongxing Aluminum Company developed a new water based colloidal graphite coating solution which will help in reducing the assembly cost and power consumption of electrolytic aluminum production. The new coating solution has good adhesion properties, good suspension effect, moderate viscosity, and the graphite that gets uniformly attached to surface of stainless steel rod.
- The increasing use of water based colloidal graphite for manufacturing smart textiles will drive the global water based colloidal graphite market in the forecast period. The smart textiles are material and structures that sense & monitor external stimuli, translating them into data, and then responding accordingly. Smart textile can be fabricated through two approaches; a) weaving a textile with conductive yarn of copper/silver/carbon fiber, or b) depositing conductive particles on a woven fabric through the coating process. Coating process is the most widely used process due to its economic viability and ease of processing. Microparticles of gold, silver, carbon nanotubes, carbon black, graphite, etc., are used for imparting conductive coatings.
- During the forecast period, water-based colloidal graphite market would be restrained by an increase in export duties on graphite in China and a decreasing price trend for natural graphite. For instance, in July 2019, According to the press release, Graphite products are among more than 5,000 US materials subject to import duties by China, which went into effect on June 1, 2019. Natural flake graphite and synthetic graphite has both faced a 10% duty, while spherical graphite, an intermediate product, has faced a 25% tariff. Furthermore, water-based cutting fluid is not ideal because it has a lower lubricating ability than oil-based cutting fluid. As a result, determining ways to increase the lubricating qualities of water-based cutting fluids is essential. However, the rise in the use of green technologies, as well as mergers and acquisitions, are expected to provide profitable growth prospects for leading companies to preserve their market positions in the forecast years.
- On the basis of application, anti-static coatings sub-segment dominated the global water based colloidal graphite market in 2020 with around 27.0% of market share, in terms of revenue, followed by conductive ink and others (smart fabrics, etc.). The growth is attributed to advantages offered by water based colloidal graphite products.
- Key players operating in the Global Water Based Colloidal Graphite Market include American Elements, Asbury Carbons Inc., Benzer Dental AG, Chem-Verse Consultants (India) Private. Ltd. Fuchs Petrolub SE, Henkel AG. , Imerys S.A., Kaiyu Industrial (HK) Limited, Ted Pella, Inc., Quaker Houghton
- These players are constantly engaged in mergers and product launches in order to gain competitive advantage over other players. For instance, in October 2017, Ted Pella, Inc. acquired the product and manufacturing assets of South Bay Technology, Inc., a California-based company involved in developing products for materials science, metallography, and electronics industry
Global Water Based Colloidal Graphite Market - Impact of Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic
COVID-19 had a negative impact on the global market for water-based colloidal graphite. Numerous countries were put on lockdown as a result of COVID-19, which had a significant impact on the global economy. Water-based colloidal graphite is commonly used in the refractories business. Economic and industrial activities were temporarily halted, and the refractories market was affected in terms of both production and demand from end-user industries such as iron and steel, cement, energy and chemicals, ceramics, and so on. The shutdown caused by the Covid-19 epidemic, which devastated the refectories sector, has hampered the global market for water-based colloidal graphite.
- Lubricant/Release Agent (Forging, Die Casting & Extrusion)
- Anti-static Coatings
- Conductive Ink
- Others (Smart Fabrics etc.)
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa