The global water filter jug market was valued at US$ 580.0 Mn million in 2020, according to Water Filter Jug Market Report, by Product Type (Stainless Steel, Glass, and Plastic), by Capacity (Below 2L, 2L to 3L, and Above 3L), by Distribution Channel (Supermarkets/Hypermarkets, Specialty Stores, Retail Stores, and Online), and by End Use (Residential and Outdoor), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa), published by Coherent Market Insights.
The global water filter jug market is expected to surpass US$ 883.0 million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.7% during the forecast period (2020-2027). The growth of the water filter jug market is expected to be driven by the increasing water pollution. The water filter jugs are majorly used to filter small quantities of drinking water. These filters contain ion-exchange resins of varied pore sizes that permit the seamless flow of water and obstruct unwanted particles, thereby, providing cleaner water for drinking purposes.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 50 market data tables* and 45 figures* on "Water Filter Jug Market” - Global Forecast to 2027.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Water Filter Jug Market:
- Among regions, Europe accounted for a significant market share in 2020 owing to increasing demand of home based water filter products. For instance, over 13% of the population in France treats drinking water at home. It is estimated that 750,000 to 1 million jugs are sold annually in the country. Moreover, the opinion poll conducted by Water Information Centre (C.I.EAU) in January 2016 revealed that over 16% of French people use water filter jugs.
Key Takeaways of the Market:
- Among capacity, between 2L-3L segment held largest revenue share of 45.7% in the global water filter jug market in 2020. This segment is anticipated to continue its dominance over the forecast period owing to wide availability of these jugs across the globe. Moreover, portability and affordability offered by these jugs is further expected to support the segment growth. These jugs can also be used in place of plastic bottles to store water in the refrigerator. These traits in the 2L-3L water filter jug segment makes it easy for the users to carry them from one place to another.
- Major players operating in the global water filter jug market include Aqua Optima, AQUAPHOR, Brita, BWT Holding GmBH, Mitsubishi Chemical Cleansui Corporation, Culligan, Dafi filters, Electrolux, KENT RO SYSTEMS LTD, Life Straw, Ningbo Qingqing Environmental Protection Electrical Co., Ltd., PHILIPS, PUR, Seychelle Water Filtration, and Sharp Corporation.
- Key players operating in the water filter jug market are focusing on various strategies such as product portfolio expansion to fuel their target market growth. For instance, in March 2018, Aqua Optima launched some of its core water filtration products in 1,000 boot stores across the U.K. and Ireland. The products included Evolve Water Filter, the Aqua Optima Oria Water Jug with Evolve Water Filter, and Aqua Optima Universal Replacement Water Filter.
Global Water Filter Jug Market - Impact of Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic
- The shutting down of offices and other commercial places by the government during pandemic has lowered the demand for water filter jugs from the commercial sector. The lockdowns imposed across the globe have also impacted the travelling and outdoor activities such as camping and trekking, which are one of the major driving factors for water filter jugs market.
- The ongoing corona virus pandemic situation has exposed the vulnerabilities of complex global supply chains. In January 2020, implementation of lockdown by China has heavily impacted the key areas of manufacturing, which further highlighted the problem with modern supply chains. Even though manufacturers were not directly affected by lockdown restrictions in Germany, production lines had to be closed due to scarcity of essential parts supplied from China.