Pressure sensors are vital to a number of applications. They are required in many sectors and their use is gaining popularity. MEMS pressure sensors can be either capacitive or piezoresistive. Capacitive pressure sensors provide a higher level of sensitivity and are also more temperature-independent. However, piezoresistive sensors provide high linearity and stability. Currently, the most common MEMS pressure sensor uses a deformable diaphragm. The diaphragm can be made of silicon or other material. When bonded to an optical fiber, the diaphragm can form a Fabry-Perot cavity.
MEMS pressure sensors are also being used in invasive applications, such as catheter tip sensors. Some biomaterials are being investigated for their functional capabilities. Another example is a glucose sensor that is fabricated on a miniaturized MEMS cell.
The increasing use of MEMS sensors in the automotive industry will also boost the global MEMS pressure sensors market. This technology can be used in various applications such as airbag control, crash sensing, and floor detection.
However, factors such as complexity of manufacturing and rise in pricing pressure on manufacturers of MEMS pressure sensors is expected to restrain growth of the global MEMS pressure sensors market over the forecast period.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the global MEMS pressure sensors market, and provides market size (US$ Million) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR%) for the forecast period (2023–2030), considering 2022 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players
- It profiles key players in the global MEMS pressure sensors market based on the following parameters – company highlights, products portfolio, key highlights, financial performance, and strategies
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include First Sensor AG, Bosch Sensortec GmbH, Honeywell International Inc., Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd., ROHM Co. Ltd., Amphenol Corporation, InvenSense Inc. (TDK Corporation), Sensata Technologies Inc., NXP Semiconductors NV (Freescale), Goertek Inc., TE Connectivity Ltd., STMicroelectronics NV, Infineon Technologies AG, Omron Corporation, and Alps Alpine Co. Ltd.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global MEMS pressure sensors market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global MEMS pressure sensors market
- Global MEMS Pressure Sensors Market, By Application
- Aerospace and Defense
- Consumer Electronics
- Global MEMS Pressure Sensors Market, By Type
- Silicon Piezoresistive
- Silicon Capacitive
- Global MEMS Pressure Sensors Market, By Geography
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Company Profiles:
- Bosch Sensortec GmbH
- Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd
- Amphenol Corporation
- Sensata Technologies Inc.
- Goertek Inc.
- STMicroelectronics NV
- Omron Corporation
- Alps Alpine Co. Ltd
- Infineon Technologies AG
- TE Connectivity Ltd
- NXP Semiconductors NV (Freescale)
- InvenSense Inc. (TDK Corporation)
- ROHM Co. Ltd
- Honeywell International Inc.
- First Sensor AG