Analytical testing is required in almost every stage of pharmaceutical research and development and production, from testing on raw materials, to quality control and dosage form of in-process material and finished products. Biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry uses analytical testing services/solutions to improve productivity, characterize biologics/biosimilars, optimize & monitor processes, and provide real-time product quality control. In short, pharmaceutical analytical testing play an important role in the biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
Increase in demand for analytical testing services/solutions, rise in number of drug approvals and clinical trials, increase in trend of outsourcing laboratory testing services, government initiatives to strengthen analytical testing capabilities, and the outbreak of COVID-19 are some major factors expected to aid in the growth of the global pharmaceutical analytical testing market.
For instance, in July 2020, Alfa Chemistry Testing Lab launched the customized pharmaceutical analytical service for companies involved with new drug development.
Moreover, in February 2022, The Center for Breakthrough Medicines (CBM) opened their new analytical testing services laboratories to address growing capacity needs in the supply-constrained cell and gene therapy market. Around 2,500 submissions are currently under review in the FDA’s cell & gene therapy pipeline. By 2025, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) expects to receive upwards of 200 investigational new drug (IND) applications for cell and gene therapies annually, with an estimated approval of 10 to 20 cell and gene therapies each year.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the global pharmaceutical analytical testing market, and provides market size (US$ Million) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2022–2028), considering 2021 as the base year.
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market.
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players.
- It profiles key players in the global pharmaceutical analytical testing market based on the following parameters such as company highlights, products portfolio, key highlights, financial performance, and strategies.
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Steris PLC, West Pharmaceutical Services Inc., Boston Analytical, Intertek Pharmaceutical Services, Pace Analytical Services, Labcorp (Toxikon Inc.), SGS SA, Eurofins Scientific, and Laboratory Testing Inc., among others.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics.
- The global pharmaceutical analytical testing market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts.
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global pharmaceutical analytical testing market.
- Global Pharmaceutical Analytical Testing Market, By Service Type:
- Bioanalytical Testing
- Method Development and Validation
- Stability Testing
- Drug Substances Testing
- Other Service Types
- Global Pharmaceutical Analytical Testing Market, By Geography:
- North America
- Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Company Profiles:
- Steris PLC
- West Pharmaceutical Services Inc.
- Boston Analytical
- Intertek Pharmaceutical Services
- Pace Analytical Services
- Labcorp (Toxikon Inc.)
- SGS SA
- Eurofins Scientific
- Laboratory Testing Inc.