Impact Analysis of Covid-19
The complete version of the Report will include the impact of the COVID-19, and anticipated change on the future outlook of the industry, by taking into the account the political, economic, social, and technological parameters.
Custom procedures trays and packs are designed to carry sterile items used in surgeries. There is a vast range of procedure tray and packs with customizations for almost every type of surgical procedure. Custom procedure trays and packs are disposable and designed to meet all the specific requirements of hospitals according to their procedure requirements, layout, and even the wrap style, as stipulated by the surgical team. Hospitals often require procedures kits which vary for physicians and medical staff, and therefore pose a challenge of stock holding for a Custom Procedure Trays and Packs (CPTP) companies.
The Australia and New Zealand custom procedure trays and packs market is estimated to be valued at US$ 281.6 million in 2020 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 11.0 % during the forecast period (2020-2027).
Figure 1. Australia and New Zealand Custom Procedure Trays and Packs Market Value (US$ Mn), 2016-2027
The Australia and New Zealand custom procedure trays and packs market is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period owing to the increasing number of surgical procedures in these countries. For instance, according to the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare’s 2020 report, during 2017–18, there were around 352,000 emergency admissions for surgical procedures in Australian hospitals, of which 86% occurred in the public hospitals. Moreover, according to the New Zealand Private Surgical Hospitals Association (NZPSHA) 2020 New Zealand reported surgical procedures for approximately 171,359 patients in 2019. Also, over 62% of all elective surgeries in New Zealand are performed by the NZPSHA members. Thus, the increasing presence of healthcare organizations involved in surgical procedures is expected to drive demand for custom procedure trays and packs in Australia and New Zealand.
Australia and New Zealand Custom Procedure Trays and Packs Market Report Coverage
||Market Size in 2020:
||US$ 281.6 Mn
|Historical Data for:
||2016 to 2019
||2020 to 2027
|Forecast Period 2020 to 2027 CAGR:
||2027 Value Projection:
||US$ 585.4 Mn
- North America: U.S. and Canada
- Latin America: Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America
- Europe: Germany, U.K., Spain, France, Italy, Russia, and Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific: China, India, Japan, Australia, South Korea, ASEAN, and Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East: GCC, Israel, and Rest of the Middle East
- Africa: South Africa, North Africa, and Central Africa
- By Product Type:
- Ophthalmic Procedure Tray, Angiography Procedure Tray, Anesthesia Procedure Tray, Cardiothoracic Procedure Tray, Colon and Rectal Procedure Tray, General Procedure Tray, Gynecology Procedure Tray, Neurological Procedure Tray, Oral and Maxillofacial Procedure Tray.
- Operating Room Procedure Tray: Orthopedic Procedure Tray, Laparoscopy Procedure Tray, Colonoscopy Procedure Tray, Urology Procedure Tray, Dermatology Procedure Tray.
- Others: Plastic Surgery Procedure Trays, Pediatric Procedure Trays, Pathology Procedure Trays, Obstetrics Procedure Trays.
- By End User:
- Hospitals: Public Hospitals, Private Hospitals.
- Specialty Centers, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Imaging Centers, Others.
3M, Smith Medical, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Lohmann & Rauscher Inc., Medtronic Plc, Bausch & Lomb Incorporated, Cardinal Health, Kimal Plc, Pennine Healthcare, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Stryker Corporation, Olympus Corporation, Molnlycke Healthcare AB, Paul Hartmann Ag, Halyard Health, Teleflex Incorporated, Medline Industries, Inc., Merit Medical Systems, Multigate, Defries Industries, Lovell Surgical Solutions International Pty Ltd, BSN medical and Alcon Inc.
- Increasing incidence of surgical procedures in Australia and New Zealand
- CPTP helps in reduction of cost and time during surgical procedures.
|Restraints & Challenges:
- Lack of standardization in surgical procedures across geographies
- Majority of CPTP products are imported from different countries and local manufacturing companies are controlled by major global companies in Australia and New Zealand.
Australia and New Zealand Custom Procedure Trays and Packs Market – Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Following the outbreak of COVID-19 in December 2019, the disease has spread to over 100 countries across the globe and the World Health Organization has declared it a public health emergency. According to the World Health Organization’s report, the manifestation of the coronavirus (COVID-19) has resulted in more than 41 million infected individuals worldwide as of October 22, 2020.
COVID-19 can affect the economy in three main ways; by directly affecting production and demand, by creating disruptions in distribution channels, and through its financial impact on firms and financial markets. Due to the lockdown, countries such as Australia and New Zealand are facing problems with regards to the transportation of medical devices from one place to another.
Furthermore, players operating in the custom procedures trays and packs market are facing major challenges on various fronts due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The major challenges include decline in the supply of raw materials for manufacturing of devices due to irregularities in transportation facility. Moreover, distributors of custom procedure trays and packs are experiencing irregular supply from manufacturers in Australia and New Zealand, due to imposed lockdowns nationwide by government to decrease risk of spreading COVID-19 infections.
Figure 2. Australia and New Zealand Custom Procedure Trays and Packs Market Share (%), by Country, 2020
Among countries, Australia is expected to witness significant growth in the custom procedure trays and packs market owing to increasing number of surgical procedures in the country. According to the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare’s 2020 report, during 2017–18, there were over 2.3 million admissions for elective surgeries in Australia, of which around 66% have occurred in the private hospitals. The rate of admissions for elective surgeries has increased by 1.7% in public hospitals and 1.9% in private hospitals between 2016–17 and 2017–18.
Major players operating in the Australia and New Zealand custom procedure trays and packs market are 3M, Smith Medical, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Lohmann & Rauscher Inc., Medtronic Plc, Bausch & Lomb Incorporated, Cardinal Health, Kimal Plc, Pennine Healthcare, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Stryker Corporation, Olympus Corporation, Molnlycke Healthcare AB, Paul Hartmann Ag, Halyard Health, Teleflex Incorporated, Medline Industries, Inc., Merit Medical Systems, Multigate, Defries Industries, Lovell Surgical Solutions International Pty Ltd, BSN Medical and Alcon Inc.