Impact Analysis of Covid-19
The complete version of the Report will include the impact of the COVID-19, and anticipated change on the future outlook of the industry, by taking into the account the political, economic, social, and technological parameters.
A B2B communication refers to any communications between businesses as opposed to between businesses and clients or clients and clients. B2B communications can take place in any form with telecommunications providers maintaining systems that transfer data, sound, text, voice, and video. This telecommunication platform is typically used by marketers to boost the company’s presence within the industry and ascertain networking opportunities. A B2B telecommunication platform offers a robust view where the data and statistics related to financial information, cases, and orders is offered to customers. Thus, this enables easy management of most complex hierarchies that represent structure of an organization. Moreover, it provide access to a detailed reporting and set-up a real-time control over service usage.
The global B2B telecommunication market was valued at US$ 37,668.7 Mn in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 14.0% during the forecasted period (2019-2027).
Market Dynamics- Driver
- Growing practice of latest technologies including cloud, IoT, VoIP, etc. is expected to drive growth of the global B2B telecommunication market during the forecast period
Key players in the market are focused on offering services such as cloud and internet to enterprises, in order to facilitate growing demand for said services for business applications. For instance, in June 2019, Poly launched ‘Polycom Studio’, which is a business-class video conferencing solution, which is compatible with Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and more. Moreover, advent of high-speed broadband services offered by telecommunication providers has led to early adoption of technology-based solutions such as online banking, M-commerce, and more by companies. Thus, these factors are expected to drive the global B2B telecommunication market growth during the forecast period.
- Increasing implementation of social media platforms among business owners is expected to propel the global B2B telecommunication market over the forecast period
Business owners in the industry are increasingly adopting social media, mobile, analytics, and cloud or also referred as SMAC technology, in order to expand the business scope. Moreover, business owners are focused on implementing cloud-based business applications, mobile payments, mobile-based commerce, and NFC for financial transaction, which in turn, is expected to propel the market growth in the near future.
North America region dominated the global B2B telecommunication market in 2018, accounting for 29.3% share in terms of value, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific, respectively
Source: Coherent Market Insights
- Lack of security solutions related to latest technology is expected to restrict adoption of B2B telecommunication services, thereby restrain the global B2B telecommunication market growth during the forecast period
The business owners in various industries are hesitant towards adopting advanced technological solutions, owing to growing security issues. Growing risk of security breaches coupled with cyber theft are expected to restrain growth of the market. Moreover, these services are managed by third-party services for day-to-day operations, which has increased incidence of data theft, loss of data, and information leak. Although several telecommunication providers are offering advanced security services, in order to cater increasing demand for security solutions, there still exists risk of data theft.
- Lack of organizational swiftness in the service offered by B2B telecommunications providers is expected to restrain growth of the global B2B telecommunication market in the near future
Although B2B telecommunication providers have incorporated IT services, lack of automation and integrated support system are unable to offer the service for longer period. Moreover, service providers are unable to provide enhanced IT services due to limited budget and complicated business structure. This, in turn, is expected to hinder the market growth over the forecast period.
- Advent of IoT and M2M technology is expected to offer lucrative growth opportunities for market players
Internet of Things or IoT is of the rapidly growing technology that has gained significant traction in the recent past. Major telecommunication providers in the market are offering IoT-based services to organizations, since it is cost-efficient and offer other benefit including machine-to-machine communication, wireless transactions, and more. Thus, growing adoption of IoT-based solutions is expected to offer excellent growth opportunities for market players in the near future.
- Growing demand for IT service among business owners is expected to offer conducive business opportunities for market
As organizations are adopting latest technologies to enhance their businesses, it has encouraged telecommunication providers to incorporate IT applications into their service. Due to this, the burden of hardware and other complexities business have reduced significantly. Thus, rising demand to IT applications is expected to offer lucrative growth opportunities for market players in the near future.
Source: Coherent Market Insights
- Growing adoption of unified solutions is one of the major trends in the market
Business owners in various industries are facing major challenges related to stand-alone communication. This, in turn, has led to adoption of unified communication services. This includes fixed-mobile convergence and video conferencing that are extensively adopted by market players. Such services are offered by telecommunication companies, in order to reduce operational complexities. For instance, Telefonica S.A., a Spain-based telecommunication service provider implemented Telepresence, a solution offered for unified communication services for BBVA, in order to reduce travelling cost for its employees between Mexico and Spain by providing internet-based telecommunications.
- Small- and medium-sized enterprises are increasing adopting B2B telecommunication services
Growing adoption of B2B telecommunication services by small- and medium-sized enterprises, owing to availability of internet-based services and cloud-based technology is expected to be a major trend in the market. These technologies are cost-efficient and can support daily operations and also enhance business applications. For instance, in 2016, Tata Teleservices limited, an Indian telecommunication provider, gained around 30% overall revenue by offering B2B services including cloud-based conferencing, social media integration, and other SMEs.
In Global B2B telecommunication market, by solution segment cloud solution sub-segment dominated the global B2B telecommunication market in 2018, accounting for 49.3% share in terms of value, followed by unified communication and collaboration sub-segment and VoIP sub-segment, respectively.
Source: Coherent Market Insights
Value Chain Analysis:
Information Technology Providers
- Microsoft Corp.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- IBM Corp.
Distributers & Channel Partners
- Channel Partners
End Users & OEM
- Media and Entertainment
- Energy and Utility
- Transportation and Logistics
Telecommunication Service Provider
- Verizon Enterprise
- Deutsche Telecom AG
- AT&T, Inc.
- Vodafone Group PLC
- Telstra Corporation Limited
Key companies operating in the global B2B telecommunication market are Telstra Corporation Limited, Verizon Communications, Inc., Telefonica, S.A., Deutsche Telekom AG, Sprint Corporation (SoftBank Group Corporation), AT&T Inc., Vodafone Group PLC, NTT Communications Corporation, and Orange S.A.
- Key companies in the market are focused on offering advanced services to enterprises, in order to gain competitive edge in the market. For instance, in June 2019, Telefonica, S.A., a Spain-based provider of integrated communication for B2B market, announced that it will offer Google Cloud Solutions companies around the world, in order to help them accelerate their digital transformation.
- Key companies in the market are focused on business expansion, in order enhance their market presence. For instance, in November 2019, Sprint Corporation inaugurated telecom infra project community lab for OpenRAN 5G NR, in order to accelerate of 5G small cells and macro cells.