Impact Analysis of Covid-19
The complete version of the Report will include the impact of the COVID-19, and anticipated change on the future outlook of the industry, by taking into the account the political, economic, social, and technological parameters.
Market Insight- Global Industrial Floor Scrubbers Market
An industrial floor scrubber is a floor-cleaning device to clean the facility in a short period of time. Industrial floor scrubbers are different from conventional floor scrubbers that can be used for high-load activities. Industrial floor scrubbers help in reducing labor costs and save the budget in dollars. Floor scrubbers are available in various configurations and sizes depending on the industrial needs. The large-sized floor scrubbers carry more water and larger batteries as compared to small-sized floor scrubbers. There are different types of floor scrubbers available including robotic scrubber, ride-on floor scrubber, walk-behind scrubber, etc. These scrubbers find applications in various sectors such as hospitality, transportation, warehousing, and pharmaceuticals.
The global industrial floor scrubbers market was valued for US$ 3,914.0 Mn in 2019 is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 9.0% during the forecast period
Market Dynamics- Drivers
- Rising adoption of green cleaning technologies is expected to drive growth of the global industrial floor scrubbers market during the forecast period
Increasing proactive government initiatives combined with comprehensive regulatory norms has increased the adoption of green cleaning technologies to make a sustainable environment. For instance, various emerging economies such as Brazil, China, India, and Japan are changing their traditional cleaning technologies by adopting new sustainable policies for green growth. Moreover, numerous cleaning departments around the globe are adopting green cleaning practices and products, in order to achieve higher sustainability and comply with regulatory norms. Growing environmental sustainability concerns have increased compelled manufacturers to invest in R&D activities to come up with environment-friendly solutions. Thus, these factors are expected to drive growth of the market in the near future.
- Rampant technological advancements in the field of robotics are expected to propel the global industrial floor scrubbers market growth over the forecast period
Technological advancements in the field of robotics have incorporated enhanced efficiency and speed in production and supply. There is high demand for robotic floor scrubbers from various industries including healthcare & pharmaceuticals, hospitality, retail, food, manufacturing, and warehousing. Furthermore, many key players in the market are focused on introducing high-end robotic scrubbers, owing to growing demand, labor shortages, and requirement for higher productivity. For instance, in June 2015, Tennant, Co. launched T300 and T300e walk-behind scrubber, a new automatic scrubber, with the aim of strengthening its product portfolio of cleaning solutions. Therefore, these factors are expected to propel growth of the global industrial floor scrubbers market over the forecast period.
North America region dominated the global industrial floor scrubbers market in 2019, accounting for 33.3% share in terms of value, followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific, respectively
Source: Coherent Market Insights
Market Dynamics- Restraints
- High cost product is expected to hamper the global industrial floor scrubbers market growth over the forecast period
High cost associated with industrial scrubber is major restricting factor in the market. Moreover, there are concerns regarding the additional cost of battery, electricity or maintenance associated with these machines. Although vendors are focused on providing energy-efficient products, these factors are expected to hinder the market growth in the near future.
- Low industrialization and availability of low-cost manual labor in emerging economies is expected to restrain growth of the global industrial floor scrubbers market during the forecast period
In emerging economies such as India and China, manual workers are preferred over floor scrubbers because of the availability of low cost manual labor. As a result of this, the demand for floor scrubbers from emerging economies remains low as compared to developed countries. Moreover, low focus on industrialization and end user preference are other factors expected to restrain growth of the global industrial floor scrubbers market during the forecast period.
- Advent of AI-enabled floor scrubbers can provide major growth opportunities
Artificial intelligence is an evolving technology that helps execute tasks normally requiring human intellect, such as job scheduling, visual perception, decision-making, and language translation. AI-enabled flood scrubbers provide major business opportunities for market players. This can help caretakers to optimize proficiency establish values and best practices for the usage of robots in janitorial services.
- Untapped geographical potential can pose significant business opportunities
Various emerging economies such as Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa are expected to boost the demand for industrial floor scrubbers in the near future. This is owing to high emphasis on adoption of new technologies, growing consumer awareness, and improving living standards. Industrial floor scrubbers will be majorly in demand across Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa as these models are expected to gain traction due to the energy- and environment-related advantages associated with the industrial floor scrubbers.
Source: Coherent Market Insights
- Increasing adoption of small-sized floor scrubbers
Many end-use industries are increasingly adopting small-sized scrubbers and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. Technological advancements have allowed companies to manufacture small-sized floor scrubbers. Such scrubbers can reach out and clean complex and narrow locations efficiently where normal floor scrubbers cannot be used. For instance, in August 2013, Nilfisk-Advance, Inc. introduced the Advance SC35 battery-operated disc micro scrubber to their floor scrubber portfolio.
- Growing demand for affordable and noiseless floor scrubbers
There is high demand for affordable floor scrubbers from various industries, which in turn, is expected to drive the market growth. Moreover, there is a constant demand for floor scrubbers that are quieter, more maneuverable, and more economical as compared to other options. These floor scrubbers are environment-friendly and hence are majorly used in hospitality, education, and healthcare sectors. For instance, Tennant, Co. is currently planning to design groundbreaking floor scrubbers that offer easier clean-out as well as quieter operation with enhanced filtrations on floor scrubbers and burnishers.
In global industrial floor scrubbers market, by type segment, Walk-behind Scrubber sub-segment dominated the global industrial floor scrubbers market in 2019, accounting for 51.5% share in terms of value, followed by ride-on scrubbers and robotic floor scrubbers.
Source: Coherent Market Insights
Value Chain Analysis
- The value chain of the industrial floor scrubbers consists of raw material providers, comprehensive distribution channel and services that are provided by industrial floor scrubbers manufacturer to the end-users
- The raw material provider can either be company owned or any third party depending on the strategic planning adopted by the manufacturer
- Distribution channel is another indispensable participant of the value chain. In order to efficiently penetrate in rural and urban area, companies are adopting multiple ways of selling and distributing industrial floor scrubbers and accessories. Use of e-commerce platform as a part of distribution is the recent trend.
Key companies involved in the global industrial floor scrubber market are Alfred Karcher GmbH & Co. KG, Nilfisk-Advance, Inc., Bortek Industries, Inc., Tornado Industries, Inc., Factory Cat, iRobot Corporation, Tennant Company, Ecovacs Robotics, and Hako Holding GmbH & Co. KG.
- Key companies in the market are focused on product launches, in order to expand product portfolio. For instance, in May 2019, iRobot Corporation introduced a pair of robotic mop and vacuum named Roomba s9+ and Braava Jet m6.
- Major market players are involved in product development, in order to enhance the market presence. For instance, in April 2018, Tennant Company introduced its first autonomous floor care machine T7 that can be operated in complex, real-world environments.