MEA & India baby diapers market was valued at US$ 5.45 Billion in 2022, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.3%, over the forecast period (2023 to 2030) to reach US$ 9.58 Bn by 2030. Baby diapers are made up of superabsorbent materials with a protective inner lining known as a top sheet. This sheet is soft and breathable, and is constructed in such a way that each layer offers the transfer of liquid away from the skin of the baby to the absorbent location. Baby diapers are categorized into a disposable diaper, cloth diaper, training nappy, and training nappy
MEA India Baby Diapers Market- COVID-19 Impact
The COVID-19 outbreak had an adverse negative impact on various industries around the globe. Due to the strict rules and regulations undertaken by government to curb the spread of the infection, companies are looking to function remotely. Moreover, various companies are looking to implement strict measures to operate at minimum risks. Additionally, various companies had shutdowns their manufacturing units which had an adverse impact on MEA & India baby diapers market.
MEA & India Baby Diapers Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2022:
|US$ 5.45 Bn
|Historical Data for:
|2018 to 2021
|2023 to 2030
|Forecast Period 2023 to 2030 CAGR:
|2030 Value Projection:
|US$ 9.58 Bn
- Middle East: Egypt, Qatar, UAE, South Arabia, Bahrain, Iraq, and Jordan
- Africa: South Africa, North Africa, and Central Africa
- By Type: Cloth Diapers, Disposable Diapers, Training Nappy, Swim Pants
Procter & Gamble, Kimberly-Clark, Hengan International Group Company Ltd , Unicharm Corporation, SCA Hygiene, KAO Corporation, Wipro Consumer Care and Lighting, and Godrej Consumer Products Limited
- Growing focus of manufacturers to launch new products
- Increasing number of companies
|Restraints & Challenges:
- Allergic reaction to babies
- Fluctuating price of raw material
MEA & India Baby Diapers Market- Drivers
- Growing focus of manufacturers to launch new products: Growing focus of manufacturers to launch new products with innovative design is expected to drive the market growth. This is due to rising demand for amore comfortable product that exhibits zero skin infection to the baby. Also, ther has been growing demand for thinner and lighter diapers at an affordable rate among consumers of India, As these products are handy and easy to use, it is expected to drive the market growth of the MEA& India baby diapers over the forecast timeframe. For instance, in April 2021, First Cry, a India-based e-commerce company, launched India’s largest Thrasio-style investment venture for D2C brands and online sellers. The investment venture entity is called Global Bees, and will acquire brands or sellers, or help them accelerate sales and revenue through ecommerce market
- Increasing number of companies: Increasing number of companies in the region that manufacture baby diaper is expected to drive the market growth. Also, growing awareness of baby hygine by government and key manufacturers to create awareness among parents is projected to increase the market growth. Increasing disposable income of the consumers of the Middle East & Africa region is also influencing purchasing power of the consumers, and this is again expected to drive the market growth of the MEA & India baby diapers. For instance, in December 2021, Me N Moms, a kids and maternity wear retailer, opened 12 new stores in six states across India, as part of its expansion plan.
Figure 1. MEA & India Baby Diapers Market, By Type, 2022
To learn more about this report, request a free sample copy
MEA & India Baby Diapers Market- Restraints
- Allergic reaction to babies: Allergic reaction to babies associated with the use of diaper due to the presence of harsh chemicals is limiting the adoption of baby diaper. Sodium polyacrylate is one of the key chemicals used in the production of diapers and chemicals which have allergic reactions on the baby’s skin. Thus, skin infection associated with the use of baby diapers is expected to restrict market growth.
- Fluctuating price of raw material: Fluctuating prices of the raw material of the baby diaper coupled with the less awareness among the rural population of the region are expected to hinder the market growth. High level of income inequality in African countries coupled with the significant number of people live below the poverty line are some of the other major factors hindering the market growth.
MEA & India Baby Diapers Market- Segmentation
- On the basis of type, disposable diapers segment held a dominant position in the market and accounted for 86% share in the MEA & India baby diapers market in 2022. The segment is expected to reach US$ 6,913.8 million in 2028. Disposable diapers are comfortable to wear due to the softness, lightness, and breathability of the materials used in its production.
MEA & India Baby Diapers Market- Opportunities
- Increasing focus of government and manufacturers to increase the frequency of diaper: Increasing focus of government and manufacturers to increase the frequency of diaper change is expected to create new market opportunities. Increasing competitiveness in the market coupled with developing new economic policies is also expected to drive the market growth of the MEA a&India baby diaper. Moreover, growing number of baby care centers and increasing number of the middle-class population in India and the African region are further anticipated to propel the market growth.
- The untapped market of personal hygiene products in Nigeria: The untapped market of personal hygiene products in Nigeria offer tremendous potential opportunities in Nigeria for market expansion, and for this, many manufacturers and investors are investing heavily in order to gain a competitive edge in the market. The untapped hygiene market offers a great opportunity for baby diaper players in Nigeria. Also, growing product awareness coupled with rising hygiene and sanitation awareness is again expected to propel the market growth.
MEA & India Baby Diapers Market- Trends
- Expansion of the online retail sector: Expansion of the online retail sector in India due to growing trend of digitalization is expected to drive the market growth. Increasing penetration of the internet coupled with shifting consumers' preferences for purchasing products from the online portal due to convenience and various discounts offered is also expected to drive the market growth.
MEA & India Baby Diapers Market- Regional Insights
- Middle East and Africa held dominant position in the MEA & India baby diapers market in 2022, accounting for 96% share in terms of value, followed by India, respectively.
Figure 2. MEA & India Baby Diapers Market, By Region, 2022
To learn more about this report, request a free sample copy
MEA & India Baby Diapers Market- Key Developments
- In October 2021, Dabur India, a India-based multinational consumer goods company, entered the diapers segment in India, as part of its strategy to expand its baby care portfolio by Dabur Baby Super Pants' Diapers thatwill be launched on e-commerce platform, Flipkart
- In December 2020, Soothe Healthcare, a manufacturer and distributor of Consumer-Healthcare products, launched India’s first-ever ultra-thin premium baby diaper pants called Super Cute’s Wonder Thinz diapers
- In September 2020, Mommy Pure, a India-based brand of baby care and wellness products, launched a wide portfolio of internationally certified natural plant based skin, hair and diaper care for babies in the age group of 0-5 years
MEA & India Baby Diapers Market- Key Players
Major players operating in the market include, Procter & Gamble, Kimberly-Clark, Hengan International Group Company Ltd, Unicharm Corporation, SCA Hygiene, KAO Corporation, Wipro Consumer Care and Lighting, and Godrej Consumer Products Limited
*Definition:. A baby diaper is referred to as nappy. It is classified as underwear that is designed to be worn by the baby as it absorbs the urine and prevents the leakage. Diapers are manufactured by a different class of materials known as super absorbent polymer, cellulose, and polypropylene, products. This product is highly efficient in absorbing a large amount of liquid or fluid relative to its own mass.