Impact Analysis of Covid-19
The complete version of the Report will include the impact of the COVID-19, and anticipated change on the future outlook of the industry, by taking into the account the political, economic, social, and technological parameters.
Definition of Market/Industry:
Flooring and carpet are essential parts of any household and can be used across other applications as well which includes aviation, automobiles, and aerospace. Flooring and carpets are basically made up of wood, polymer staple fibers, carpets and rugs, and vinyl sheets, ceramic tiles.
The Middle East Flooring and Carpet market is estimated to be valued at US$ 7,886.10 million in 2021 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 5.3 % over the forecast period (2021-2028).
- According to data revealed during the launch of The Big 5 Construct Egypt, Egypt was the third largest projects market in the MENA region, with about $14.9 billion worth of contract awards in 2020.
- In January 2018, Tarkett expanded its LVT (Luxury Vinyl Tiles) production capacity in Europe and North America by investing USD 85.9 million over the next 3 years for addressing the growing demand for vinyl modular flooring. The investment will further enhance sustainable and efficient manufacturing. In the US, about USD 60 million will be invested in two manufacturing facilities based in Florence, AL, US, and in Europe, the investment will be made in Poland and Luxembourg.
- In April 2018, The Euclid Chemical Company re-launched its app namely FiberCalc with new upgrades of iOS11 which quick calculations for temperature and shrinkage crack control tasks. The new innovation will help the company enter a new market and increase its profits.
Saudi Arabia held dominant position in the Middle East Flooring and Carpet market in 2020, accounting for 32% share in terms of volume, followed by Qatar and Kuwait, respectively.
Figure 1. Middle East Flooring and Carpet Market Value (US$ Mn), by Region, 2020
Growth in the construction industry due to growing residential as well as commercial spaces is expected to propel the market growth of Middle East flooring and carpet. Increasing investment in the construction industry by the government of the Middle East is another major factor augmenting the market growth of flooring and carpet. Changing lifestyle of the consumer due to increasing disposable income is also expected to augment the market growth of the flooring and carpet.
The airport is undergoing modernization due to increasing investment by Middle East government on the developing the airport facilities, thereby augmenting the market growth of flooring and carpet.
Apart from the construction sector manufacturer in the Middle East region are leveraging opportunities across other sectors such as automotive and aviation by introducing flooring solutions for this industry. Moreover, growth in sports events and other events in the region is again escalating demand for a flooring solution. Thus, the aforementioned emerging application of flooring and carpet is expected to foster market growth over the forecast period.
Increasing adoption of machine-made carpets, laminates, rugs and other flooring solution in the region is expected to bring new market opportunities. Growing demand for advanced flooring solution is also expected to foster the market growth of flooring and carpet. Moreover, increasing population is creating demand for the residential building which is further projected to bolster the market growth of flooring and carpet.
Middle East Flooring and Carpet Market Report Coverage
||Market Size in 2021:
||US$ 7,886.10 Mn
|Historical Data for:
||2017 to 2020
||2021 to 2028
|Forecast Period 2021 to 2028 CAGR:
||2028 Value Projection:
||US$ 11,292.11 Mn
- GCC: Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, & Oman
- Levant: Turkey, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, & Syria
- By Product Type: Carpets, Rugs, Artificial Grass, Carpet Tiles, Vinyl Flooring, & Laminate Parquet Flooring
- By Material Type: Polypropylene, Nylon, Polyester, & Others
- By Application: Residential, Commercial offices, Retail, Hospitality, Healthcare and Hospitals, Education Institutes, Automotive, Industrial, & Others
Al Sorayai Group (Saudi Arabia), Abdullatif Carpets (Saudi Arabia), Al Mira Carpet Factory (Saudi Arabia), Abu Dhabi National Carpet Factory (UAE), Mac Carpet (Egypt), Prado Egypt For Carpet (Egypt), Gheytaran Carpet (Iran), Oriental Weavers (Egypt), Standard Carpets Ind.LLC., Saida Carpets (Jordan), Dormina (Turkey), International Players (Mohawk Industries, Interface Middle East, Beaulieu Flooring, Tarkett S.A., Balta Group, and Shaw Industries Group, Inc.
- Growing construction industry
|Restraints & Challenges:
- Availability of substitute
The growing popularity of carpet tiles and luxury products across commercial spaces is expected to bolster the market growth of the flooring and carpet. Growing inclination of consumer towards home interior decoration and aesthetic flooring materials is also expected to stimulate the market growth of. This is attributed to the availability of the advanced aesthetic flooring solution in the Middle East region.
Advancement in printing technologies is enabling manufacturers to launch attractive and new visuals to carpets. This is expected to be a major trend in the market. Increasing demand for innovative style and design in carpet is encouraging manufacturer to the launched product with different styles and designs, thus fueling the market growth of Middle East flooring and carpet over the forecast timeframe.
Figure 2. Middle East Flooring and Carpet Market Share, By Product Type, 2020
Key Takeaways of the Graph:
- The Carpets in product type held dominant position in the market and accounted for 33.6% share in the Middle East Flooring and Carpet market in 2020. The segment is expected to reach US$ 3,637.66 million in 2028.
- Increasing demand in end-use industries such as growth in the automotive industry and increasing the popularity of artificial grass in sports fields and other outdoor applications are the factors expected to fuel the growth of Middle East flooring and carpet market over the forecast period.
The availability of the substitute is expected to hinder the market growth of Middle East flooring and carpet. For example, machine-made flooring and carpets are creating challenges for handmade carpets and rugs. This is affecting the sale of handmade carpets and rugs, thus hampering the market growth of flooring and carpet.
The fluctuating price of raw material used rubbers, polymers, and ceramic is expected to restrict the market growth of the flooring and carpet.
Middle East Countries Players
- Al Sorayai Group (Saudi Arabia)
- Abdullatif Carpets (Saudi Arabia)
- Al Mira Carpet Factory (Saudi Arabia)
- Abu Dhabi National Carpet Factory (UAE)
- Mac Carpet (Egypt)
- Prado Egypt for Carpet (Egypt)
- Gheytaran Carpet (Iran)
- Oriental Weavers (Egypt)
- Standard Carpets Ind.LLC.
- Saida Carpets (Jordan)
- Dormina (Turkey)
- Mohawk Industries
- Interface Middle East
- Beaulieu Flooring
- Tarkett S.A.
- Balta Group
- Shaw Industries Group, Inc.