Impact Analysis of Covid-19
The complete version of the Report will include the impact of the COVID-19, and anticipated change on the future outlook of the industry, by taking into the account the political, economic, social, and technological parameters.
Submersible pumps are types of pumps that are submerged into the liquid to be pumped. These pumps offer various benefits including the prevention of cavitation as compared to standard submersible pumps. Such pumps find wide application in areas with water or fluid level below ground level. There are different types of submersible pumps including non-clog submersible pumps, open well submersible pumps and borewell submersible pumps. These pumps are compact and lightweight and can be installed with various kinds of piping, as they are easy to dismantle. These pumps are used for industrial and domestic water supply, fire-fighting systems, gardening, and many more.
The global submersible pump market is estimated to account for US$ 15603.2 Mn in terms of value by the end of 2027.
Market Dynamics- Drivers
- Increasing infrastructure development is expected to drive growth of the global submersible pump market during the forecast period
The global demand for submersible pumps has increased significantly in the recent past. This is typically due to growing infrastructure development activities. Rising urbanization in emerging economies in India and China has led to increase in demand for submersible pumps across the globe. According to the United Nations (UN), by 2030, around 40.76% population of India is expected to live in urban areas. Water scarcity is a major issue plaguing various regions across the globe. Governments of various countries are implementing regulations mandating recycle and reuse of water, especially in industries. Thus, these factors is expected to drive growth of the global submersible pump market during the forecast period.
- Rising exploration activities for new water resources is expected to propel the global submersible pump market growth over the forecast period
Many governments in emerging regions such as MEA and Asia Pacific are focused on improving drinking water facilities in urban as well as rural areas. For this, the water resource exploration activities have been on a rise, which is expected to boost the sales of submersible pumps that offer enhanced efficiency and capacity for domestic as well as agricultural use. Desalinization projects are also expected to contribute to the adoption of submersible pumps, as most parts of the globe still lack the basic facility of running water. Thus, these factors are expected to propel the global submersible pump market growth over the forecast period.
Asia Pacific region held a dominant position in the global submersible pump market in 2019, accounting for 47% share in terms of value, followed by Europe, North America, Middle East & Africa and Latin America respectively.
Figure 1: Global Motor Submersible Pump Market Share (%), in terms of Value, By Region, 2019
Market Dynamics- Restraints
- Low price offerings from China-based pump manufacturers is expected to restrain growth of the global submersible pump market during the forecast period
The Chinese pump manufacturers are offering submersible pumps at a competitive cost. This, in turn, has led to increased pricing pressure on other players since these key players need to offer submersible pumps of high-quality, efficiency, and technologically advanced at competitive prices. International submersible pump vendors need to differentiate their products through various additional services and integration of advanced technologies. Hence, such factors are expected to restrain growth of the global submersible pump market during the forecast period.
- Low replacement rate due to long-life is expected to hinder the global submersible pump market growth over the forecast period
Lack of research and development has led to low product development and innovation. This is in turn affecting aftermarket sales of submersible pumps and their parts, due to their long operating life. Hence, these factors are expected to hinder the global submersible pump market growth over the forecast period.
Submersible Pump Market Report Coverage
||Market Size in 2019:
||US$ 9,712.4 Mn
|Historical Data for:
||2016 to 2019
||2020 to 2027
|Forecast Period 2020 to 2027 CAGR:
||2027 Value Projection:
||US$ 15603.2 Mn
- North America: U.S., Canada
- Latin America: Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Rest of Latin America
- Europe: Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Russia, Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific: China, India, Japan, Australia, South Korea, ASEAN, Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa: GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest of Middle East & Africa
- By Product Type: Non-clog Submersible, Open Well Submersible, Borewell Submersible.
- By Application: Industrial Water & Wastewater, Agriculture & Irrigation, Oil & Gas, Firefighting, Mining, Construction, Non industrial water & wastewater, Other.
- By Head Type: Below 50 meter, 50 m- 100 m, Above 100 m.
Ebara Corporation, Flowserve Corporation, GRUNDFOS, Kirloskar Brothers Limited, KSB AG, Ruhrpumpen Group, Sulzer Ltd., The Weir Group plc, WILO SE, and Xylem Inc.
- Increasing infrastructure development
- Rising exploration activities for new water resources
|Restraints & Challenges:
- Low price offerings from China-based pump manufacturers
- Low replacement rate due to long-life
- Development of manufacturing and supply chain network can present opportunities in the global submersible pump market
Most small and medium size submersible pumps are sold through distributors. End users or customers are inclined towards opting for submersible pumps distributors that provide engineering expertise, aftersales services, and end-to-end solutions to meet the specific demands of customers. Most global players such as KSB AG, Wilo AG, Grundfos, and Xylem Inc. employ the strategy of expanding local networks by increasing tie-ups with regional as well as local distributors.
- Research and development activities among market players can provide major business in the global submersible pump market
Key companies are focused on research and development activities, in order to enhance the product portfolio. For instance, in January 2016, KSB AG launched the latest version of its self-priming centrifugal Etaprime pumps. In January 2016, Sulzer AG introduced submersible dewatering modular pumps using a built-in intelligence with an optional AquaTronic unit.
Figure 2: Global Submersible Pump Market Value (US$ Mn), 2017 - 2027
The global submersible pump market was valued at US$ 9,172.5 Mn in 2019 and is forecast to reach a value of US$ 15603.2 Mn by 2027 at a CAGR of 6.10% between 2020 and 2027.
- Increasing demand for energy-efficient pumps
Increasing energy cost remains a major factor affecting the demand for submersible pumps. Many industries are increasingly adopting solar-powered submersible pumps that offer significant operational cost savings. Of overall energy consumed by submersible pumps across the globe, pump motors account for an estimated 15% share. However, with over 40% of submersible pumps to be covered by stricter energy efficiency regulations by 2020, this number is expected to decline significantly.
- Rising adoption of variable-frequency drive technology for submersible pump
Micro disc pumping technology allows pump manufacturers to produce compact and efficient submersible pumps. Since there is a rising trend for size reduction, compact and energy-efficient pumps are expected to gain a significant demand in the new future.
Global Submersible Pump Market- Impact of Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic
According to Coherent Market Insights’ analysis, the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic on the submersible pump market is moderately low in Bangladesh. For instance, in September 2020, in Rajshahi, Bangladesh, Approximately 189 individuals of 37 ethnic minority households have got access to drinking water through ‘submersible pump’ in the low rainfall Barind area with a voluntary organization amid the adverse effect of coronavirus disease (Covid-19) pandemic situation. Furthermore, Bangladesh Unity Federation of Los Angeles (BUFLA), a voluntary organization, under its ‘Arsenic-free Drinking Water Project’ build in 28 submersible pumps with the platform, overhead tank and outlet one each in 28 drought-hit villages under Tanore, Godagari and Paba Upazilas in Bangladesh.
Major companies operating in the global submersible pump market are Ebara Corporation, Flowserve Corporation, GRUNDFOS, Kirloskar Brothers Limited, KSB AG, Ruhrpumpen Group, Sulzer Ltd., The Weir Group plc, WILO SE, and Xylem Inc.
- For instance, in February 2019, Ruhrpumpen Group partnered Wolong Electric for the development of pumping equipment for the Missan Oil Field in Iraq
- For instance, in November 2019, WILO USA LLC, a subsidiary WILO SE, acquired Marsh Pumps, a U.S.-based pump manufacturer