Foaming creamer is prepared by spray-drying a mixture containing non-dairy carbohydrates, non-dairy fats, and a proteinaceous foam stabilizer. It is used in beverages owing to its ability to create a stable and thick layer of smooth foam, with instant soluble properties. The custom foam is formulated basically for specialty drinks such as café latte and cappuccino. The attractive layer of the foam provides a rich, smooth, and creamy texture, and also enhances the appearance of the beverage.
Large quantities of foaming creamers based on vegetable fats, dairy ingredients, and carbohydrates are used in instant coffee drinks such as Chocolate drinks and cappuccinos. Moreover, foaming creamers have properties such as high emulsion stability, excellent stable foam volume, stability against oxidation, and low-fat content.
- Factors such as increasing urbanization, disposable income, changing lifestyles of people along with increasing number of retail stores are expected to drive demand for foaming creamers. Furthermore, increasing production and consumption of beverages, especially coffee, is expected to facilitate demand for foaming creamers. According to the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development’s report, published in 2018, the global coffee production was 149.1 million bags during 2014-16, and increased to 159.7 million bags during 2017-18.
- Furthermore, according to the International Coffee Organization’s statistics published in July 2019, global coffee export reached 10.9 million bags in 2019, increasing from 10.6 million bags in June 2018. Such factors are expected to drive growth of the foaming creamer market over the forecast period.
- Based on product, foaming creamer market is segregated into coconut and palm-based Coconut-based foaming creamers find application in hot beverages such as chocolate drinks, coffee, and tea, whereas, palm-based creamers are used in cold beverages and milk replacers.
- Based on applications, foaming creamers are used in coffee, chocolate drinks, tea, and milk. Furthermore, foaming creamers are widely used in hot drinks such as latte macchiato, cappuccino, and café latte. Rapidly increasing popularity of enhanced beverage taste and appearance offered by foaming creamer is anticipated to drive the demand for foaming creamer market over the forecast period.
- Growing awareness associated with the health benefits of consuming vegan products along with the availability of wide range of non-dairy alternatives is to act as major driver for the growth of non-dairy foaming creamer market in upcoming years.
- Increasing demand for coffee is driving growth of the foaming creamer market. According to the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development in April 2018, the global coffee production reached 158.9 million 60-kg bags during 2017-18, recording a growth of 1.0% compared to 2016-17.
Kievit, Nestlé, Viceroy Food Ingredients Holland, Ingrizo NV, Fujian Jumbo Grand Food Co., Ltd, and Super Group Ltd. are some of the key players that manufacture foaming creamers for the beverage industry.
On the basis of product, the global foaming creamer market is segmented into:
- Coconut-based products
- Palm-based products
On the basis of application, the global foaming creamer market is segmented into:
- Coffee (Cappuccino, Latte, etc.)
- Chocolate Drinks
- Others (Tea and Milk)
On the basis of region, the global foaming creamer market is segmented into:
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East
- Rest of Middle East
- Northern Africa
- Central Africa
- South Africa