The Global Adhesive Films Market was valued at US$ 14,447.5 million in 2020, according to Adhesive Films Market Report, by Film Material Type (Acrylic, PVAc, Polyurethane, PVB, Epoxy and others), by Product (Pressure Sensitive, Hot-melt, Light-cured, Others), by Application (Tapes, Labels, Graphics and Others) by End Use (Packaging, Automotive, Medical, Electronics, and Others), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa), published by Coherent Market Insights.
The global adhesive films market was valued at US$ 14,447.5 million in terms of revenue in 2020 and is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 6.0% during the forecast period (2021 to 2028). Adhesive films are adhesives materials such as hot melt, light-cured, self-cured, pressure-sensitive, and chemical cured. These films are versatile and easy to use. These tapes are efficient in joining or bonding two tapes. Moreover, adhesive films are also used as a protective insulation wrap across electronic industry. It is also useful to increase the safety of packaging materials
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 50 market data tables* and 45 figures* on “adhesive films market” - Global Forecast to 2028.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Global Adhesive Films Market:
- Continuous product innovation by key players is one of the major trends in the market. For instance, in September 2019, Henkel to launch Hot-melt Adhesives for Palletization. Can replace plastic films, intermediate layers, and anti-skid mats in securing pallets. Also, the solution helps to increase process efficiency and safety, while lowering overall costs. Therefore, increasing product innovation for meeting the rising demand is expected to foster the market growth of the adhesive films.
- The growing trend of using self-adhesive labels across the packaging industry is expected to foster market growth of the adhesive films. Increasing urban population coupled with the rising demand for pharmaceutical supplies is again expected to propel the market growth. The rise in the e-commerce industry around the globe is another major factor propelling the market growth of the adhesive films. Also, the growing popularity of labels and graphic films in electrical & electronics applications are further projected to foster market growth.
- The increasing development of bio-based materials for adhesive films by the key manufacturer is expected to bring new market opportunities in the near future. For instance, in September 2017, UPM Raflatac has launched a plant-based polyethylene film for home and personal care products. The new film, RafBio PE film is produced from sugarcane ethanol and can be used for squeezable bottles and contoured containers and reduces greenhouse gas emissions more than 80% compared to fossil-based alternatives.
Global Adhesive Films Market: Recent Developments
- In December 2020, BASF and BillerudKorsnäs, a Swedish packaging company, collaborated to create a unique home-compostable paper laminate for flexible packaging.
- In July 2021, under the new global brand VALERAS, BASF introduces a portfolio of green plastic additives. The new brand comprises the company's existing plastic additives, which improve the durability of plastic applications while also saving energy, lowering emissions, and encouraging biodiversity.
- In October 2020, the performance adhesives team of Ashland Global Holdings was awarded Supplier of the Year by Molded Fiber Glass Co. for delivering high-quality products, great performance, and consistency across all aspects of support.
- Increasing strict rules and regulations regarding VOC emissions from adhesive films is expected to inhibit the market growth. VOC emissions take place during the application of adhesive films and exhibit various health and environmental risks. In order to curb the release of emission during the usage many countries have implemented strict rules and regulations.
- The global adhesive films market was valued at US$ 14,447.5 Mn in 2020 and is forecast to reach a value of US$ 22,945.3 Mn by 2028 at a CAGR of 6.0% between 2021 and 2028.
- The Product Type segment was valued US$ 4,547.3 Mn in 2020 and is expected to witness a CAGR of 5.7% over the forecast period.
- Key players are operating in the global adhesive films market are BASF SE, 3M Company, Ashland Inc., H.B. Fuller Company, Henkel AG & Company KGaA, Avery Dennison Corporation, Adhesives Research Inc., The Dow Chemical Company, Eastman Chemical Company, Bostik S.A., Huntsman International LLC, and Kuraray Company Ltd.
- These players are constantly engaged in mergers, acquisitions and product launches to gain competitive advantage over other players. For instance, In April 2021, the 3M has introduced a new product to their adhesive range, the 2484 3M Single Coated Medical Film Tape with Hi-Tack Silicone Adhesive on Liner.
Global Adhesive Films Market - Impact of Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic
- The spread of Covid-19 infection has drastically affected a wide range of industries around the globe. The pandemic has hugely impacted the distribution of raw materials for adhesives due to travel restrictions and social distancing policy. Implementation of such policies has completely transformed how adhesives films business cater to their customers. Thus, the adhesives companies are facing major challenges on various fronts owing to the COVID-19 pandemic.
By Film Material Type
By Product Type
- Pressure Sensitive
By End Use
- Others (Building and Construction)
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa