Global Complex Fertilizers market was valued at US$ 48,455.1 million in 2017, according to Global Complex Fertilizers Market Report by Product Type (Complete Complex Fertilizers and Incomplete Complex Fertilizers), by Product Form (Solid and Liquid), and by Crop Type (Cereals & Grains, Fruits & Vegetables, Oilseeds, and Fruits & Vegetables). The complex fertilizers market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 5.73% over the forecast period (2017 – 2025) to reach US$ 75,698.5 million by 2025.
Major factors propelling growth of the global complex fertilizers market include favorable growth of good agricultural practices and technological advancement in the manufacturing and use of complex fertilizers. According to Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) forecast, the projected increase in the world crop production from 1999 to 2030 is 55%. Emerging economies such as South East Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, and various other economies are projected to contribute 72% of total world crop production by 2030.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 100 market data tables* and 40 figures* on "Complex Fertilizers Market”- Global forecast to 2025.
Key Trends and Analysis of Complex Fertilizers Market:
- Among product type, complete complex fertilizers segment is anticipated to witness fastest growth in the global complex fertilizers market over the forecast period. Complete fertilizers aids juvenile plants to grow faster in adverse climate and soil conditions. The market share of complete complex fertilizers is expected to witness growth, owing to its ideal composition due to which it is majorly used for commercial crops, which require high nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium during initial phases of growth.
- Among the product form, solid form segment dominated the global complex fertilizers market in 2017, and is expected to maintain its dominance over the forecast period. Solid complex fertilizers are less expensive than liquid fertilizers. These are widely preferred due to their long lasting effect to provide nutrition to the plants as the granular solid fertilizers are absorbed at a slower rate. Moreover, low risk of contamination of solid form fertilizers as compared to liquid form and extended shelf life are the major factors propelling demand for solid form complex fertilizers over the forecast period
Key Takeaways of the Market:
- Asia Pacific was the dominant region in the global complex fertilizers market in 2017, with a revenue of US$ 16,397.8 million and is expected to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period. According to the study conducted by Asia Development Bank, 2013, more than 60% of cereal demand in emerging economies is expected to be from South and East Asia, with cereal demand expected to increase 1.6% annually in South Asia and 1.2% in East Asia by 2030. Moreover, According to the economic report by RoboResearch, 2016, China and India together accounted for around 28% cereal consumption and nearly 40% of palm oil consumption.
- North America is projected to account for a significant share in global complex fertilizers market, owing to initiatives by the major players in this region. For instance, in November 2017, Agrium Inc., largest farm retailer and Potash Corp, a major crop nutrient company merged to create the world’s largest crop-nutrient supplier and to give Potash a direct channel to the U.S. farmers. The merger is expected to create a dominance in the North American market by controlling nearly two-thirds of potash capacity accounting nearly 62%, 30% of phosphate production capability and 29% of nitrogen capacity.
- Major players operating in the global complex fertilizers market include Yara International ASA, Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan Inc., CF Industries Holdings Inc., The Mosaic Company, Israel Chemicals Limited, Eurochem Group AG, Haifa Chemicals Ltd., PJSC PhosAgro, and Adventz Group.