The “Global Delivery Drones Market, by Drone Type (Fixed Wing, Rotor Drone, and Hybrid Drones), by Application (E-commerce, Quick-service Restaurants (QSR), and Healthcare), by Component (Airframe, Controller System, Propulsion System, and Others (Sensors/Battery/Camera)), and by Geography (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa) - Global Forecast to 2027”,
is expected to be valued at US$ 3,802.5 million by 2027, witnessing a CAGR of 38.5% during the forecast period (2019-2027), as highlighted in a report published by .
Rising demand for delivery drones across the globe is driving growth of the global delivery drones market. For instance, in September 2019, Flirtey, a Nevada-based drone delivery company, launched a new delivery drone, the Flirtey Eagle, to deliver on-demand goods.
In February 2019, Poeir Jets Pvt. Ltd, a research & development subsidiary of Intech DMLS, introduced its heavy lift hybrid drones with 3D printed parts in India.
Increasing use of delivery drones in various industries such as healthcare, food, and others is driving growth of the market. For instance, in June 2019, in Gurugram, India, an India-based online ordering and food delivery platform, Zomato, tested its first food delivery via drone technology.
Browse over 90 market data tables and 40 figures through 130+ pages on "Delivery Drones Market - Global forecast to 2027”.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Key Takeaways of the Delivery Drones Market:
- The global delivery drones market is projected to reach US$ 3,802.5 million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 38.5% over the forecast period
- Among drone type, the rotor drone segment held dominant position in 2018 and hybrid drones segment is projected to exhibit highest CAGR over the forecast period. Flexibility in operation, ease in use, and low maintenance cost are some of the factors driving the segment growth. Furthermore, increasing adoption of hybrid drones in multiple applications such as e-commerce, medical, quick-service restaurants, and others is augmenting demand for delivery drones, globally. For instance, in December 2018, in Gurugram, India, an India-based online ordering and food delivery platform, Zomato, acquired TechEagle Innovations, a drone start-up company. The primary objective of the acquisition was to create a drone-based food delivery network in India via hybrid multi-rotor drones.
- Among application, the e-commerce segment held dominant position in 2018. Increasing efficiency and low cost of delivery are some of the major factors driving the segment growth. The quick-service restaurants (QSR) segment is projected to exhibit highest CAGR over the forecast period.
- Among component, the others (sensors/camera/battery) segment is expected to be the fastest growing in the market over the forecast period
- Among geography, North America delivery drones market held dominant position in 2018. In 2018, North America delivery drones market generated revenue of US$ 75.5 million. By 2027, delivery drones market in North America is projected to reach US$ 1.074.7 million, exhibiting a CAGR of 35.2% over the forecast period.
- In 2018, Europe delivery drones market generated revenue of US$ 67.4 Mn and is expected to reach US$ 1,175.6 Mn by 2027, witnessing a CAGR of 38.2% over the forecast period. Moreover, the region is expected to create an absolute dollar opportunity of US$ 1,087.4 Mn during the forecast period of 2019-2027. Increasing adoption of delivery drones for delivering medical, postal, and other goods in remote areas is propelling growth of the Europe delivery drones market. For instance, in October 2018, Helicus Aero initiative (HAI) delivered medical supplies via drone around Antwerp, Belgium.
- Major players operating in the global delivery drones market include The Boeing Company, Airbus SE, JD.com, SKYCART INC, Drone America, Matternet Inc., and SZ DJI Technology Co. Ltd.