The France Construction Aggregates market was valued at US$ 4,855.6 million in 2020, according to France Construction Aggregates Market Report, by Product Type (Crushed Stones, Sand, Gravels, Others (Slag, Burned Clay etc.)), by Category (Fine Aggregates, Coarse Aggregates), by Application (Concrete, Road Base & Coverings, Others (Railway Tracks, Landscaping etc.)), and by End-use Industry (Commercial, Infrastructure, and Residential and Social Building) published by Coherent Market Insights
The France construction aggregates market was valued at US$ 4,855.6 million in terms of value in 2020 and is estimated to exhibit a CAGR of 1.56% during the forecast period (2021 to 2028). Aggregates are used as base material for making roads and railroads. In roads and railroads, ballast aggregates are used to distribute the load. The benefits offered by aggregates include reduction of cracking, improve the structure, and help with water drainage.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 50 market data tables* and 45 figures* on “France Construction Aggregates Market” - Forecast to 2028.
Key Trends and Analysis of the France Construction Aggregates Market:
- Key players are adopting inorganic growth strategies such as increasing production of sand and gravel in order to meet the rising consumer demand in France. For instance, in 2018, the Sablière du Val de Loire sand quarry in France increased its annual production of sand and gravel from 60,000 Tons to 120,000 Tons annually by installing a CDE wet processing system owing increasing demand of sand and gravel products. CDE Global Inc. is also a leading provider of washing equipment for quarries, recycling operations and mines in the global market.
- Increasing number of acquisitions among key players in France are expected to boost the France construction aggregates market growth in the near future. For instance, in July 2019, Heidelberg Cement France announced that it will acquire Cemex’s aggregates and ready-mix concrete business in France. The acquisition aims to increase the Heidelberg Cement production in Paris. The acquisition includes 28 ready-mixed concrete plants and seven aggregate quarries.
- Creation of an aggregate quarry requires removal of all natural vegetation, top soil, and sub-soil to reach the deposits. This leads to loss of biodiversity and adjacent eco-systems are affected by dust, noise, pollution, and contaminated water. Aggregate manufacturers are focused on minimizing impact of their activities on the environment and preserve living environment of nearby residents. Since 2005, quarry operators have been focused on controlling energy and greenhouse gas emissions through Environmental Charter of Quarry Industries.
- Construction aggregates are primarily used in bulk quantities, and are transported to the point of use by truck, rail and water carriers. According to data published in New England Governors' Conference, Inc. in co-operation with the United States Department of the Interior, around 85% of all aggregates are delivered by truck, 6% by rail and remaining 3% by water carriers across the globe. Trucking is the most expensive mode of transportation on a cost per ton per mile basis. The cost of construction aggregates transportation by trucks is around US$ 0.15 to US$ 0.20 per ton/ mile.
- On the basis of application, concrete segment dominated the France construction aggregates market in 2020 with around 45.7% of market share, in terms of revenue, followed by road base & coverings. The growth is attributed to the rising constructional activities coupled with increasing government initiatives for road development across the entire France.
- Key players operating in the France construction aggregates market include Cementir Holding N.V., Lafarge Holcim Ltd., Heidelberg Cement Group, CEMEX S.A.B. de C.V., CRH Plc., Vicat SA, VINCI Group, and Groupe SABOULARD.
- These players are constantly engaged in mergers and collaborations in order to gain competitive advantage over other players. For instance, in May 2019, Fons Technology International initiated a project with CRH plc. in France. Fons replacement clinker cooler and roller crusher was commissioned at the Lumbres plant in February 2019. The project started in October 2018 and the upgrade has a capacity of 1500t/day.
France Construction Aggregates Market - Impact of Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic
The COVID-19 had negative effects on the France construction aggregates market. Imposition of lockdown and restrictions over travel of construction workers have curbed the number of ongoing construction activities across France, which is expected to drive demand for construction aggregates. Also, the infrastructure industry has seen disturbance across the roadway construction sector. This can be attributed to several factors such as lack in the availability of skilled laborers, nationwide lockdown, sealed international border, and shortage of funds for infrastructure development due to shifting priority towards the healthcare sector. Furthermore, fluctuating prices of crude oil and petroleum due to economic and political instability has majorly affected the construction aggregates market across France.
By Product Type
- Crushed Stones
- Fine Aggregates
- Coarse Aggregates
- Road Base & Coverings
By End-use Industry
- Residential and Social Building