The automotive AC filter market was valued at US$ 2275.7 Mn in 2017, and is expected to increase to US$ 3947.1 Mn by 2025, registering a CAGR of 7.07% over the forecast period from 2018 to 2025, according to Automotive AC filter Market Report, by Filter Type (Particulate, Charcoal, and Electrostatic), by Vehicle Type (Passenger Cars and Heavy & light commercial vehicles), by Sales Channel (Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and Aftermarket), and by Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, and Africa).
The main function of automotive AC filter is to filter the air before it enters to the combustion chamber of the engine, owing to which it plays an important role in reducing carbon and other greenhouse gas emission from vehicles and protects the engine from dust particles and debris. The market for automotive AC filter is influenced by increasing automotive production and advancement in automotive industry. Moreover, emission control regulations, concern regarding health safety, changes in living standard, and growth of GDP among others are key factors boosting adoption of automotive AC filters globally. Whereas, aftermarket of AC filters is influenced by average miles driven, vehicle parc, and types of filter used among others.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 150 market data tables* and 90 figures* on “Automotive AC Filter Market” - Global forecast to 2025.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Global Automotive AC Filter Market:
- Automotive AC Filter market in Asia Pacific region held the dominant position in 2016 and is expected to retain its dominance over the forecast period. The Automotive AC Filter market in this region is projected to reach US$ 1702.6 million by 2025. Stringency of the regulatory bodies towards reducing the carbon footprint and emissions are the factors propelling demand for automotive AC filter.
- Increasing demand for automotive vehicles such as passenger car and commercial car in Asia Pacific is expected to provide growth opportunities to numerous local and international automotive AC filter vendors in the automotive sector. China accounted for largest share in passenger cars sales in Asia Pacific region in 2017. According to OICA, in 2017, around 29,122,531 units of passenger cars were sold, up from 28,028,175 units in 2016.
- Increasing vehicle production in China is expected to further propel the regional market growth over the forecast period from 2018 to 2025. For instance, according to Organization Internationale des Constructeurs d'Automobiles (OICA) in 2016, vehicle production in China accounted for total 29.6% of the global production. Moreover, the country’s production increased about 14.5% in 2016 from 2015. Hence, increasing vehicle production is expected to increase growth of automotive AC filter market.
- The market in Japan is also expected to show significant growth over the forecast period, due to stringent emission related government norms. For instance, in 2005, Ministry of the Environment of Japan introduced heavy-duty emissions standards (NOx = 2 g/kWh, PM = 0.027 g/kWh), which is further tightened to (NOx = 0.7 g/kWh, PM = 0.01 g/kWh). In Japan, every on-road vehicles, including passenger cars and heavy-duty trucks and buses are subjected to mandatory fuel efficiency targets. The Japanese fuel efficiency requirements for heavy trucks and buses were the world’s first fuel economy regulation for heavy vehicles.
- Increasing passenger car sales are propelling demand for these AC filters in Japan. According to OICA, in 2017, around 5,238,888 units of vehicle sold up from 4,970,260 units in 2016.
- Major players operating in the global automotive AC filter market include Mann+Hummel GmbH, Sofegi SpA, Donaldson Company, Inc., Robert Bosch GmbH, Denso Corporation, Ahlstrom Corporation, MAHLE GmbH, Freudenberg & Co. KG, Hengst SE & Co. KG, ALCO Filters Ltd., K&N Engineering, Inc., EuroGIELLE s.r.l., ACDelco, and Airmatic Filterbau GmbH.