Global Canned Mushroom Market was valued at US$ 9.7 billion in 2017, according to Canned Mushroom Market Report, by Product Type (Button Canned Mushroom, Shiitake Canned Mushroom, Oyster Canned Mushroom, Morel Canned Mushroom, and Others (Portabello)) and by Application (Household and Restaurant).
The global canned mushroom market is expected to reach US$ 12.9 billion by 2025, witnessing a CAGR of 4.6% over the forecast period (2018 – 2025).
Increasing consumer awareness towards low-calorie diet and healthy food products globally, is expected to lead to high demand for canned mushrooms. This is owing to high nutritive content of mushrooms such as high in proteins, fiber, vitamin B and vitamin C, calcium, and other minerals. Furthermore, canned mushrooms can be added to salads, pizzas, and in rice preparations for its taste.
Canned mushrooms are nutritional substitute for fresh mushrooms. According to National Institute of Health (NIH), the nutritional value of canned mushroom for 1-cup is 39 calories, 3 grams of protein, 0.5 gram of fat, and 8 grams of carbohydrate, including 4 grams of fiber.
A major restraining factor for growth of the market is availability of alternatives such as dried and frozen mushrooms. Moreover, short shelf life of canned mushroom is also expected to reduce adoption of canned mushrooms, thus hampering growth of the market.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Key Trends and Analysis of the Canned Mushroom Market:
- Button canned mushroom segment was the dominant segment in the canned mushroom market in 2017 and is expected to exhibit similar trend over the forecast period. Button canned mushrooms offers various health benefits such as boosting heart health, aid in improving immunity, and combat allergies. For instance, according to World Health Organization (WHO), in 2015, around 17.7 million people died due to cardiovascular disease (CVDs), which represents 31% of all the global deaths. Of these deaths 7.4 million were due to coronary heart disease and 6.7 million were due to stroke.
- Restaurant segment is expected to be significant growth in the canned mushroom market during the forecast period. Canned mushroom is a good choice when fresh mushroom is out of season, expensive or unavailable in restaurants. It is used in various delicacies such as pasta sauce, soups, omelets, quiches and casseroles.
Key Takeaways of the Market:
- Europe held significant market share in 2017 in the global canned mushroom market. Canned mushroom market is rapidly growing in European regions in the recent past and it is expected to exhibit growth over the forecast period. In Europe, key players are strategically focusing on mergers and acquisitions for product portfolio expansion and this is expected to boost growth of the canned mushroom market during the forecast period (2018-2025).
- For instance, in 2016, Greenyard acquired Lutece, which is a manufacturer of canned mushroom products. Greenyard Company wants to expand its business across the globe in canned mushroom market through this acquisition.
- Asia Pacific is the fastest growing region in the global canned mushroom market and accounted for a market share of 35.2% in 2017. Riding government initiatives for encouraging mushroom cultivation in emerging economies such as China and India is expected to positively impact the regional market. For instance, the Government of India launched plan National Horticulture Board (NHB) to improve integrated development of horticulture industry and processing of mushrooms. This is expected to aid in growth of the canned mushroom market in the region in 2015.
- Key players operating in the canned mushroom market includes Costa Group, Okechamp SA., Monterey Mushrooms Inc., Greenyard, Prochamp, The Mushroom Company, Monaghan Mushrooms, Muniraj Mushroom Farm, Dhruv Agro, and Shanghai Finc Food Co., Ltd.