Global e-commerce packaging market is estimated to be valued at US$ 26.3 Billion in 2021, according to the Global E-Commerce Packaging Market Report, by Product Type (Boxes, Protective Packaging, Mailers, Tapes, Labels, Others); by Application (Electronics, Food & Beverages, Cosmetics, Fashion, Furniture and Others), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa), published by Coherent Market Insights.
Global e-commerce packaging market was valued at US$ 26.3 Billion in 2021. e-commerce packaging market is expected to register a CAGR of 6.2% over the forecast period (2022–2030) to reach US$ 44.9 Bn by 2030. The Asia Pacific region is expected to dominate market over the forecast period and is projected to be the largest and fastest-growing region.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 50 market data tables* and 40 figures* on "Global E-Commerce Packaging Market” - Forecast to 2030.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Global E-Commerce Packaging Market:
- Among product types, protective packaging segment held the largest market share in 2021. This is attributed to rising electronic and furniture sales online, which require protective packaging such as foam, bubble wraps, bags, cushioning, and protective cases. The sales of electronics & footwear have increased rapidly from online channels, owing to growing flash sales.
Key Takeaways of the Global E-Commerce Packaging Market:
- Growth of the e-commerce packaging market in the Europe region ensued from growing e-commerce sales in Central and East European countries, which exhibited high e-commerce sales growth rates. Also, high internet penetration rates in Western European countries of U.K., Germany, France, Belgium and Netherlands are expected to boost market growth. These factors are projected to be conducive to e-commerce packaging market growth in the region.
- Asia Pacific is projected to be the largest and fastest growing market for e-commerce packaging over the forecast period. Large populations in India and China coupled with increasing internet penetration rates has led to e-commerce and e-commerce packaging market growth. According to Chinese government sources, the e-commerce market growth in the country was 32% in 2021 over the previous year. Moreover, high growth in the economies of Indonesia and India is also expected to contribute in market growth over the forecast period.
- North America provides the e-commerce packaging market with ample growth opportunities. The U.S. was the second largest e-commerce market in the world after China. The U.S. is expected to witness growth in e-commerce sales, which is attributable to increased fashion, electronics and food & beverages sales through online channels.
- New product launches, merger & acquisitions, strategic partnership expansion, and research & development activities are key strategies adopted by players in the global e-commerce packaging market