The global electromagnetic interference (EMI) shielding materials market was valued at US$ 5.38 billion in 2016 and is expected to reach US$ 9.18 billion by 2025, witnessing a CAGR of 6.23% over the forecast period (2017-2025). According to a report on EMI Shielding Materials Market, by Components (Conductive Coatings and Paints, EMI Shielding Tapes & Laminates, Conductive Polymers, Metal Shielding Products, and EMI Filters), by Applications (Consumer Electronics, Telecommunication and IT, Automotive, Healthcare, and Aerospace And Defense). Electromagnetic interference (EMI) are capable of disrupting electronic systems, devices, and equipments, which are used in various applications such as aerospace and military electronics, medical, industrial touch screens, mass transit systems, vehicular control and navigation systems, and among others. EMI can cause temporary disturbances, data losses, system failure, or health complications. EMI shielding materials protects devices from the damage caused by the EMI. The rapid development in the wireless technologies such as Wi-Fi and GPS and the growing demand for EMI shielding agents in various applications such as aerospace, automotive, healthcare, consumer electronics, and healthcare is further augmenting growth of the market.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 772 pages, 400 market data tables* and 110 figures* on "EMI Shielding Materials Market” - Global forecast to 2025.
Key Trends and Analysis of the EMI Shielding Materials Market:
- Among components, the conductive coatings and paints segment held a dominant position in 2016 and is expected to maintain its dominance over the forecast period, owing to their extensive use in plastics. Conductive coatings are used in electroless plating and vacuum metallization, whereas conductive paints are used in silver copper paint, nickel, copper, and silver conductive paints. Significant growth of plastic industry is a key factor driving the demand for conductive coats and paintings. For instance, according to India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF), the domestic consumption of plastics in India is estimated to reach around 20 million metric tons by 2020, thereby fueling demand for EMI shielding materials.
Among applications, consumer electronics segment accounted for the highest market share of 28.82% in 2016. Increasing population of middle income group, changing life style, and increasing disposable income fuels the market growth. Various government initiatives supporting digitalization such as Digital India, which is an initiative taken by Government of India, is increasing the demand for consumer electronics, which in turn is expected to fuel growth of the EMI shielding materials market.
- The automotive segment is estimated to be the fastest growing application segment in the EMI shielding materials market over the forecast period. The rapid growth of advanced electronic components in vehicles such as wireless phone chargers, in-vehicle Wi-Fi networks, voice activated controls, remote starters, power seats, keyless ignitions, and automatic sliding doors is fueling demand for EMI shielding materials in automobiles industry.
Key Takeaways of the Market:
- According to study, Asia Pacific accounted for the highest market share in terms of revenue in global EMI shielding materials market in 2016. Also, Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing region, especially in emerging economies such as China and India. The various government initiatives taken by the government in these regions is fueling the growth of automobile sector, which in turn, driving growth of the EMI shielding materials market. For instance, as a part of Auto Mission Plan (AMP) 2016-2026 of Government of India, the Government of India wants to make automobiles manufacturing a major driver of ‘Make in India’ initiative and expects passenger vehicles market to triple by 2026. This would increase the demand for EMI shielding agents.
- The players in the EMI shielding materials are adopting various growth strategies such as mergers and acquisition, collaborations and new product development for retaining their market positions. For instance, in 2017, the electronics business of Henkel Adhesive Technologies announced the launch of LOCTITE ABLESTIK EMI 8880S and LOCTITE ABLESTIK EMI 8660S, which are coating metal inks to be used for semiconductor package level EMI shielding.
- The key players operating in the global EMI shielding materials market include 3M Company, Chomerics, ETS-Lindgren, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Kitagawa Industries Co., Ltd., Laird Plc., Leader Tech Inc., PPG Industries Inc., RTP Company, Schaffner Holding AG, and Tech-Etch Inc.