The Global Food Stabilizers Market was valued at US$ 8.42 billion in 2016. Increasing disposable income, growing urbanization and rapid inclination towards convenience food in Asia Pacific, which includes China, Japan and India is expected to witness descent growth over the forecast period.
As per stats released by The National Bureau of Statistics China, annual per capita disposable income of urban family increased from US$ 2,271.0 in 2008 to US$ 3,408.5 in 2012, which is expected to propel market growth during the forecast period. Moreover, in 2013, according to stats provided by United Nations Department of Economic and social Affairs (UN DESA), China and India experienced the largest urban population growth.
Increasing health consciousness and public awareness of food borne diseases and growing initiatives by various government and non-governmental organizations inclined towards use of food stabilizers against bacteria in North America and Europe is dominating the global food stabilizer market.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Confectionary is the second largest segment in the food stabilizer market, owing to rising disposable income and changing lifestyle. For instance, confectionaries that are sugar free and are of high calories are found to be popular among consumers. Furthermore, sugar confectionary and baker’s confectionery are sub segments of confectionary segment. Asia Pacific holds a dominant position in the global confectionery market and Latin America is the fastest growing region in the confectionery market. Moreover, confectionery products are popular among people of all ages and according to ’ analysis, the global confectionery market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.59% during 2017-2025, thereby providing a highly conducive environment for growth of the market.
Key takeaways of the market:
- Asia Pacific is projected to be the largest region in global food stabilizers market. It accounted for around 29.68% of overall food stabilizers market revenue in 2016. The market in this region is expected to be primarily driven by rampant public awareness for food borne diseases and demand for organic food. The growing demand for convenience food and increasing number of working women are some of the key drivers for the growth of food stabilizers in the North America.
- The market in Middle East is expected to register a significant growth rate over the forecast period. Rise in discretionary income along with increasing urbanization, and adoption of convenience food are expected to create lucrative growth opportunities for the players in this region.
- Dairy industry is one of the key end-use industries in the global food stabilizers market. A strong dairy products sale in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific is expected to enhance the growth of food stabilizers in the forecast period. For instance, to maintain the quality and increase the life span of dairy products various stabilizers are used which includes, propanediol 1, 2 alginate is used in dairy products to maintain various parameters such as texture, emulsion stability, protein stability among others.
- PPG include BASF SE, Cargill Inc., Celanese Corporation, Chr. Hansen A/S, DuPont, JEY'S F.I. INC, Kerry Group, Koninklijke DSM N.V., and The Archer Daniels Midland Company, among others are few of the key players in global food stabilizers market.
- Despite several advantages, the food stabilizers has various side effects such as gelatin which is responsible for causing allergic reaction, ‘Align’ used as a viscosifier in food products can effects pregnant women. Moreover, gaur gum consumption in high dozes has possibilities of gas formation, diarrhea and other stomach diseases. Furthermore, stringent government regulation is also expected to be one of the key challenges for food stabilizers market.