The global ski gear & equipment market was valued at US$ 1,199.9 million in 2017 and is expected to reach US$ 1,439.4 million by 2025, witnessing a CAGR of 2.9% over the forecast period (2018 - 2025), according to the Global Ski Gear & Equipment Market, by Product Type (Boots & Bindings, Helmet, Poles, Protective Gear, Ski Boot Accessories, and Others), by Application (Alpine or Downhill Skiing, Cross-Country Skiing, Telemark Skiing, Freestyle Skiing, Nordic Skiing, and Others), by End User (Men, Women, and Kids), and by Distribution Channel (Supermarkets, Hypermarkets, Online Stores, Specialty Stores, and Others).
Special equipment are required for skiing to enable people to scale through the snowy slopes effortlessly. Skiing requires protective clothing to protect the body from cold temperatures in the snowy mountains. Increasing participation in skiing is expected to fuel growth of the global ski gear & equipment market. According to the Destination British Columbia, the British-Columbia’s skier visits was 6.5 million during 2012-13.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 460 pages, 180 market data tables* and 110 figures* on "Ski Gear & Equipment Market” - Global forecast to 2025.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Ski Gear & Equipment Market:
- Among applications, the alpine or downhill skiing segment accounted for the highest market share in 2017. Alpine ski is the most popular snow sport activity, which in turn, increases growth of this segment. According to Snowsports Industries America (SIA), alpine skiers and snowboarders accounted for 49% of all snow sport participants during 2012-13.
- Among end users, the men segment is expected to account for a significant share in the global ski gear & equipment market over the forecast period. Men show higher inclination towards winter sports, thereby making this the largest sub-segment in the global ski gear & equipment market. For instance, 59.7% men participated in the Olympic Winter Games 2014, according to the International Olympic Committee.
Key Takeaways of the Market:
- According to ’ analysis, Asia Pacific was the fastest-growing region in the global ski gear & equipment market in 2017. Asia Pacific was the largest market for ski gear & equipment due to increasing popularity of snow sports in this region. For instance, according to report published on Special Interest Sector by New Zealand Tourism in March 2017, 30% of holiday tourists are engaged in winter ski in New Zealand.
- North America is expected to exhibit significant growth in the global ski gear & equipment market over the forecast period. This is attributed to increasing use of ski helmets in the region, in turn, propelling growth of this market. According to The National Ski Areas Association (NSAA), in the U.S., the overall ski helmet use during 2014-15 was 78%, which increased to 83% in 2016-17. Furthermore, increasing international trade of skin and snow board equipment is positively impacting growth of the ski gear & equipment market. According to the U.S. Department of Commerce, International trade Administration, Canada exported US$ 7 billion of ski and related equipment along with snowboard equipment around the world in 2013, of which 58% of total is exported to the U.S.
- Key market players are focusing on organic and inorganic growth strategies such as mergers & acquisitions, plant expansions, and new product launches to enhance their business and product portfolio in the ski gear & equipment market. For instance, In January 2018, Thule Group launched collection of snowboard and ski backpacks, which is designed with the flexibility of removable airbag system.
- Some of the key players operating in the global ski gear & equipment market are Amer Sports Oyj, Fischer Beteiligungsverwaltungs Gmbh, Black Diamond Equipment, Ltd., Skis Rossignol S.A., The Burton Corporation, Coalition Snow, Helly Hansen, and Volcom LLC