The global Household Wipes market was valued at US$ 4,707.2 Mn in 2017, according to Household Wipes Market Report, by Product Type (Disinfecting Wipes, Dusting Wipes, Kitchen and Bathroom Wipes, Wood and Laminate Wipes, Glass Cleaner Wipes, Stainless Steel Wipes, and Multi-Surface Wipes & Floor Wipes), by Material Type (Antibacterial, and Non-antibacterial), by Distribution Channel (Hypermarkets, Supermarkets, Departmental stores, Online Stores, and Others (Grocery and Convenience)), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, and Africa).
Global household wipes market is projected to increase to US$ 7,349.4 Mn by 2026, witnessing a CAGR of 5.9% during the forecast period. Increase in disposable income and thereby increase in consumer spending allows consumer to opt for premium cleaning products. Among distribution channel, online sales of household wipes has increased rapidly in the recent past. The e-commerce spending across Asia Pacific (China, Australia, Japan, Indonesia, India, Vietnam, and South Korea) is expected to increase total retail spending by 2020. According to India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF) report on e-commerce (July 2017), the Indian e-commerce market is expected to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 44.77% from 2016-20 to touch US$ 63.7 billion by 2020. Moreover, according to the International Trade Administration, China is the world’s largest e-commerce market and is projected to reach US$ 1.6 trillion by 2019. Over 40% of the total global e-commerce spending is from China. E-commerce is the fastest-growing industry at the global level due to rising internet penetration and is a major factor expected to drive growth of the household wipes market.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 64 market data tables* and 49 figures* on "Household Wipes Market” - Global forecast to 2026.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Household Wipes Market:
- Among product type, disinfecting wipes segment had the highest share in global household wipes market. Disinfecting wipes provide an easy way to keep almost any type of hard, non-porous surface clean for use. However, Multi-purpose wipes have a wide range of uses for any type of clean-up such as general cleaning, disinfecting, dust removal, glass and mirror cleaning, hands, and among others. According to analysis, Multi-surface wipes held the 21% market share in global household wipes market revenue in 2017.
Key Takeaways of the Market:
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global household wipes market over the forecast period, owing to emerging economies such as India and China where growing population in these regions will increase numbers of houses, with significant investment in high quality kitchens, bathrooms, and appliances. This in turn is expected to increase adoption of household care products in turn propelling growth of household wipes market.
- Household Wipes are considered under the segment of Consumer goods (CG). Consumer goods industry is a flourishing industry due to its fast processing and quick customer services. According to India Brand Equity Foundation report on Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG), July 2018, FMCG market in India is expected to grow at a CAGR of 27.86 per cent and is expected to reach US$ 103.70 billion by 2020 from US$ 52.75 billion in 2017-18. Growth of FMCG industry is expected to propel demand for household wipes market.
- North America was one of the largest regions in the Household Wipes market in 2017. North America household wipes market was valued at US$ 1473.3 Mn in 2017, and is projected to increase to US$ 2124.0 Mn by 2025, witnessing a CAGR of 4.8% during the forecast period.
- Major players operating in the global Household Wipes market include S. C. Johnson & Son, Inc., Procter & Gamble Co., Nice-Pak Products Inc., The Clorox Company, Weiman Products LLC, Colgate-Palmolive Company, Reckitt Benckiser Group plc., Amway Corporation, 3M Company, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Kao Corporation, and Rockline Industries