The global light diffusion film market was valued at US$ 738 million in 2021, according to Global Light Diffusion Film Market Report, by Raw Material (Polycarbonate, Acrylic Sheets, Polypropylene, and Others), by Type (0.215 mm & 0.23 mm), by Application (Window Glasses, Roof Skylights, and Others (Cinematography, Photography etc.), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa), published by Coherent Market Insights.
The global light diffusion film market is expected to surpass US$ 738 million by 2021, exhibiting a CAGR of 2.9% during the forecast period (2022-2030).
Light diffusion film is an optical component with light-scattering properties, which is placed in the path of the light source to reduce the sharpness of shadows and smoothen the illumination. Light diffusion film ensures uniform illumination by light-emitting diodes (LEDs) and hence, they are considered an integral part of the total lighting system. Light diffuser films are specially designed to offer better and more uniform light diffusion across a window or lightbox. This means that they will diffuse the sun's rays, daylight, or artificial light in a more effectively measured way than a standard privacy, solar control or tinted film. A flashlight diffusion film (also called a Speedlight diffuser, or shoot-through diffuser) spreads the light from the flash of a camera. A diffusion filter of this type may also be used in front of a non-flash studio light to soften the light on the scene being shot; such filters are used in still photography,. In the film and stage industry, a Light diffusion film may also be called diffusion gel, or just diffusion. Oftentimes cinematographers do not want harsh shadows in a shot because it does not match the tone or style of the scene. Diffused light creates softer shadows that are not distracting or very distinguished. Cinematographers and video shooter use these light diffusion film to get the right light intensity over a defined place.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 25 market data tables* and 20 figures* on "Global Light Diffusion Film Market” - Forecast to
Key Trends and Analysis of the Global Light Diffusion Film Market:
- Among region, Asia Pacific accounted for a significant market share in 2021. In Asia Pacific, the consumption of light diffusion materials is much higher than other regions. Strengthening of the construction industry in various parts of the Asia Pacific region is expected to drive growth of the market during the forecast period. Asia Pacific and Europe markets witness strategic initiatives, owing to their emerging and mature nature, respectively. Some of the factors driving the market in these regions are superior growth of end-use industries, amplified local production, and increased number of domestic players. In terms of demand, Asia Pacific holds the maximum share of the global light diffusion materials market, followed by North America and Europe. Increased usage of light diffusion materials for various commercial applications, particularly in North America and Europe, is projected to drive the market in these regions during the forecast period.
Key Takeaways of the Market:
- The polycarbonate light diffusing films was the largest raw material used for the manufacturing of light diffusion films in 2021, accounting for 60% share of the global market. Light diffusing polycarbonate films offer certain advantages over sheet materials including lighter weight and the ability to be easily die cut, cold bent, and wrapped into curved shapes. Polycarbonate is often used for light diffuser applications where durability and/or performance at elevated temperatures are required. Polycarbonate light diffusion films can be cold bent and “creased” to create complex geometric shapes. Conversion capabilities include: die cutting, guillotining, interleaving, rewinding, sheeting, slitting, spooling, and tipping.
- Major players operating in the global light diffusion film market include 3M, SKC, Kimoto Ltd, Exciton, Xin Guang Laser, Shinhwa, Keiwa Plc, Tsujiden Co, Yongtek, Lintec Corporation, TTV GmbH, Fusion Optix, Hayashi Felt, Avery Dennisen Corporation, and Whiteoptix, LLC.
- Mergers and acquisitions, strategic collaborations, new product launch, and business expansions are the key strategies adopted by key players to retain their market share. For instance, in April 2021, announced the acquisition of Duramark products, Inc., a manufacturer and seller of adhesive paper and graphic light diffusion films. The acquisition will help Lintec corporation to enhance its production capacity for the light diffusion films and serve the customers across the North America region.
Global Light Diffusion Film Market - Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
- Since the COVID-19 virus outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 100 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency. The global impacts of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) are already starting to be felt, and will significantly affect the Light Diffusion Films market in 2022. The outbreak of COVID-19 has brought effects on many aspects, like flight cancellations; travel bans, and quarantines; restaurants closed; all indoor events restricted; over forty countries’ state of emergency declared; massive slowing of the supply chain; stock market volatility; falling business confidence, growing panic among the population, and uncertainty about future. Moreover, the loosening of restrictions and reopening of manufacturing facilities is expected to boost demand for light diffusion film over the post-pandemic period.