The Middle East bio-chemicals market was pegged at 1,689.9 Kilo Tons in 2018, and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 5.3% over the forecast period. According to Middle East Bio-chemicals Market Report, by Product Type (Bio-plastic, Bio-lubricants, Bio-solvents, Bio-surfactants, and Others), by Application (Chemical & Fertilizers, Food & Beverages, Pharmaceuticals, Paint & Coatings, Automotive, Packaging, Personal Care & Cosmetics, and Others), and by Country (Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Egypt, Kuwait, and Rest of Middle East), published by Coherent Market Insights.
Growing preference among end-users about adoption of sustainable processes or techniques is expected to create growth opportunities for manufacturers in the Middle East bio-based chemicals market. There is increasing preference for sustainable, natural, and environmental friendly processes and materials in the chemical industry. Green chemistry is one of the rapidly growing and developing fields, as this technique is aimed at manufacturing products in a sustainable and eco-friendly way.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 58 market data tables* and 34 figures* on "Bio-chemicals Market” – Middle East forecast to 2027.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Middle East bio-chemicals Market:
- Bio-based chemicals are used in the manufacturing of food ingredients, which are used in the food processing industry. Growth of the packaged food industry in the region is expected to drive demand for food ingredients, which, in turn, is expected to drive demand for bio-based chemicals. For instance, according to the United States Department of Agriculture, Saudi Arabia’s packaged food industry was valued at US$ 40 billion in 2016, and is expected to reach US$ 60 billion by 2022.
- Companies operating in the region are shifting to sustainable packaging solution, which is expected to drive demand for bio-plastics in the region. For instance, in October 2018, Splash (fashion retailer in the Middle East) entered into a partnership with Natur-Tec (manufacturer of bio-plastics) to offer biopolymer-based packaging solution in Middle East & South Asian region. Through this Splash’s polybags were replaced by bio-plastics.
- The production of bio-chemicals is relatively low in Middle East compared to the other regions such as North America and Europe, therefore, price of bio-based chemicals are comparatively high than their conventional counterparts. Moreover, lack of government policies and regulations about production and usage of bio-based chemicals in the Middle East are expected to hamper the market growth. However, it is expected that the government in the Middle East will come up with favorable policies and regulations.
Key Takeaways of the Market:
- Bio-solvents segment is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period. Bio-solvents are produced using biomass derived from corn, sugar, or beet. Production of bio-solvents does not release any toxins by-products or volatile organic compounds. Bio solvents offer high boiling point, low miscibility, and low toxicity, which makes it as a suitable option to replace conventional solvents. These solvents find application in various industries, for instance, Cargill Inc. offers Agri-Pure AP-406 bio solvent (available in Middle East, Europe, and Africa) that finds application in inks, lubricants, adhesives, fine chemical, and agrochemical industry.
- Key companies operating in the Middle East Bio-chemicals Market include BASF SE, Clariant A.G., Evonik Industries A.G., Total S.A., Cargill Inc., Biolive, Saudi Biodiesel, Saudi Bio-Acid Company, Sain Bag, and Neutral Fuels among others.
- Leading players operating in the Middle East bio-chemicals market are focused on investments to launch new bio-based chemicals to strengthen their position in the market. For instance, in 2016, BASF launched Ecovio EA, a bio-based product consisting BASF biopolymer ecoflex and polylactic acid. The product has primary application in the packaging industry. Moreover, in August 2015, BASF launched Sovermol, a new bio-based polyol with high stability and durability that is used as coating for indoor floorings.