The global mouthwash market was valued at US$ 1,817.8 Million in 2017, according to Mouthwash Market Report, by Product Type (Fluoride, Cosmetics, Antiseptics and Total Care), by Flavor (Active Salt, Mint Fresh Tea, and Others), by Distribution Channel (Hypermarkets, Supermarkets, Online, and Others), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, and Africa). The mouthwash market is projected to reach US$ 2,841.7 Billion by 2026, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below: https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/market-insight/mouthwash-market-2345
Browse 32 market data tables* and 18 figures* on "Mouthwash Market” - Global forecast to 2025.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Mouthwash Market:
- High prevalence of dental problems such as dental caries, gingivitis, and plaques is resulting in increasing adoption of dental care products such as mouthwash. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), severe gum (periodontal) diseases that can cause tooth loss were found in 15-20% of the adults aged 35-44 years in 2012, globally. Moreover, according to a report published by the World Health Organization (WHO), in 2012, around 60–90% of school children and around 100% of the adults had dental cavities, worldwide.
- Rising consumer awareness regarding oral health and hygiene is driving growth of the global mouthwash market. According to a survey by the American Dental Association in 2016, around 95% of the adults in the U.S. considered using mouthwash as healthy.
- Mouthwash offers several advantages such as it reduces bad breath and freshens breath, remove stains and marks, and brighten teeth, and prevents build-up of plaque on gums and teeth
Key Takeaways of the Market:
- Asia Pacific was the largest market for mouthwash in 2017 and is expected to retain its dominance during the forecast period. Asia Pacific mouthwash market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period. The region was valued at US$ 856.2 Million in 2017 and is expected to reach to US$ 1,440.8 Million by the end of the forecast period.
- Major factors that are expected to drive growth of the mouthwash market in emerging economies over the forecast period are increasing personal income, increasing focus on oral hygiene, and others. According to South China Morning Post (scmp), in the first half of the year 2017, sales of mouthwash in China surged by 70%, thereby becoming the highest among the sales of 106 consumer goods including kitchen tissues, cosmetics and facial masks, cheese, bottles water, ready-to-drink coffee, hand wash, ice cream, and others. Moreover, according to the Indian Dental Association, healthcare sector in India has grown to become one of the most promising and progressive sectors leading to rapid growth. It reached US$ 160 billion by 2017 and is projected to reach US$ 280 billion by 2020.
- Increasing awareness regarding toxic ingredients used in mouthwash such as alcohol, sodium lauryl sulphate, and sodium saccharide leading to dry mouth syndrome, mouth inflammation, and cancer are factors leading to high demand for herbal and natural mouthwash products
- Mouthwash manufacturers are investing to develop new mouthwash products. For instance, in January 2016, Apollo introduced a new Cool Boost Mouthwash technology. This technology stimulates cold receptors in mouth cavity instead of taste receptors on the tongue, which makes it less irritating to tongue. Such technologies are differentiating mouthwash products and are projected to boost growth of the market in the near future.
- Major players operating in the global mouthwash market include Colgate-Palmolive Company, Johnson & Johnson Inc., The Himalaya Drug Company, Amway Corporation, GlaxoSmithKline Plc., Lion Corporation, Caldwell Consumer Health, LLC, Uncle Harry's Natural Products, and Triumph Pharmaceuticals, Inc.