The global native grass seeds market was valued at US$ 8,493.2 million in 2018, according to Native Grass Seeds Market Report, by Product Type (Warm Season, Cool Season, and Mixture), by Application (Land Conservation & Rehabilitation, Landscaping, Animal Grazing & Hay, Biofuel, and Fertilizers), by Distribution Channel (Offline Stores and Online Stores), and by Region (North America, South America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa).
The global native grass seeds market is projected to reach US$ 17,651.9 million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 8.6% during the forecast period (2019-2027). Increasing demand for native grass seeds in the land conservation and rehabilitation, biofuel, and fertilizer industries is expected to boost growth of the native grass seeds market over the forecast period. Native grass are not affected by attacks from pests and diseases. Native seeds grow in any given area with a limited supply of water. Native grass adapts to the region’s soil, hydrology, and climate. Native grasses provide habitat for beneficial insects such as parasitoids, praying mantis, lady beetle, and others. However, high prices of native grass seeds decreases profit margins for harvester. Planting native grass seeds is extremely time consuming process and moreover it has extremely low demand. These factors are expected to hinder growth of the market over the forecast period.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 32 market data tables* and 16 figures* on "Native Grass Seeds Market” - Global forecast to 2027.
Key Takeaways of the Market:
- Based on product type, the native grass seeds market is segregated into warm season, cool season, and mixture. Factors such as easy availability, quick seed germination, higher seedling mortality and thinning of established stands on dry sites, and cost effective nature than most of the warm season grasses are driving growth of cool season grass segment in the global native grass seeds market. Moreover, cool season grasses provide long term benefits in soil erosion control & sediment tapping. Owing to early maturing as compared to warm season grasses, cool season grasses provide better source of food in early spring & later in the fall.
- In 2018, the land conservation and rehabilitation segment held dominant position in the market, in terms of revenue. Native grass plays an important role against weathering and soil erosion. Soil erosion is a major global phenomenon with several adverse effects. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s article published in 2001, U.S. government spends nearly about US$ 44 billion on agriculture erosion every year. Furthermore, for cropland and for pasture (grassland for grazinganimals) annually government spends nearly about US$ 247 per hectare. Moreover, on a global scale, the annual loss of 75 billion tons of soil accounted for US$ 400 billion. Therefore, increasing demand for native grass to reduce soil erosion is expected to drive growth of the native grass seeds market during the forecast period.
- In 2018, North America accounted for the largest revenue share of around 48.0% in the native grass seeds market. Major factors driving growth of market include increasing demand for fertilizers from the agriculture sector in countries such as US, Mexico, and Canada.
- Major players operating in the global native grass seeds market include, Millborn Seeds Inc., Outsidepride.com, Inc., Star Seed Inc., Wildflower Farm, Prairie Seed Farms, Bamert Seed Company, Everwilde Farms, Inc., American Meadows, Missouri Seeds Southern, Hedgerow Farms, Roundstone Native Seeds LLC, and others.
- Moreover, easy delivery and secured payment options and promotional and marketing activities by e-commerce giants are further attributing to the growth of online stores segment. American Meadows, is one of leading online retailers of wildflower seeds, perennial plants, flower bulbs and vegetable seeds in all of North America.