The global polyol sweeteners market
was valued at US$ 2,890.9 Million in 2018, according to Global Polyol Sweeteners Market Report, by Product Type (Sorbitol, Erythritol, Maltitol, Isomalt, Mannitol, and Others), by Application (Bakery & Confectionery, Beverages, Dairy, Oral Care, Pharmaceuticals, and Others), by Function (Flavoring Or Sweetening Agents, Bulking Agents, Excipients, Humectants, and Others), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, and Africa) published by
The global polyol sweeteners market is projected to surpass US$ 4,476.2 Million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.0% during the forecast period. Increasing demand for healthier and low calorie sweeteners is expected to propel growth of the global polyol sweeteners market over the forecast period. Increasing occurrence of diseases due to changes in lifestyle such as obesity, hypertension, atherosclerosis and heart disease have resulted into increased demand for low-calorie and sugar-free products. According to European Association of Polyol Producers, the energy value for normal sugar is 17kJ/gram (4kcal/gram) whereas, energy value for polyols is 10 kJ/g or 2.4 kcal/g. Moreover, as per the same source, energy value for erythritol polyol sweetener is 0 kcal/g. This indicates that polyols have a lower calorific value than sugar. Therefore, rising health awareness is shifting consumer preference towards lower calorific food products, which in turn is expected to drive growth of global polyol sweeteners market over the forecast period.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 25 market data tables* and 15 figures* on "Polyol Sweeteners Market” - Global forecast to 2027.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Global Polyol Sweeteners Market:
Key Takeaways of the Market:
- Key players operation in global polyol sweeteners market are focused on offering new products such as sweetener product containing blend of various sweeteners, in order to attract consumer base. For instance, in 2017, The Sola Company, LLC, the U.S.-based food company, launched Sola low calorie sweetener. This sweetener is a blend of erythritol, tagatose, maltitol, monk fruit extract, xanthan gum, stevia leaf extract, and natural flavors. This Sola sweetener contains 75% fewer calories than normal sugar and 0 grams of net carbohydrates.
- Global polyol sweeteners market is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period, owing to high growth of end-use industries such as bakery & confectionary. For instance, according to a report titled 'Sector Trend Analysis of Bakery Products' published by Agricultural and Agri-food department of Canada in December 2016, the worldwide bakery market in terms of retail value reached US$ 338.7 billion in 2015 from US$ 321.8 billion in 2014, with a CAGR of 4.7% during the period 2010-2015. Moreover, according to the annual report of Federation of Bakers of U.K., published in 2018, the bakery industry was a US$ 4.06 billion industry in the U.K. at retail sales value in 2017.
- Moreover, North America held significant market share in the global polyol sweeteners market in 2018, owing to growth of end-use industries such as pharmaceutical industry. For instance, according to a report ‘The Pharmaceutical Industry and Global Health’ published by The International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers & Associations in 2017, share of the U.S. in the global pharmaceutical market will increase from 40.3% in 2015 to 41% in 2020. Therefore, growing pharmaceutical industry in the U.S. is expected to drive growth of the polyol sweeteners market in North America.
- Furthermore, naturally occurring polyols such as Erythritol, Xylitol, and Sorbitol are expected to gain major traction over the forecast period. Artificially prepared polyols are also present in the market such as Maltitol, however, consumer preference is expected to shift towards natural polyols, owing to rising awareness regarding toxic nature of chemically synthesized/artificial food ingredients.
- Major players operating in the global polyol sweeteners market include, Cargill Inc., Archer Midland Daniels Company, Ingredion Incorporated, Roquette Freres, B Food Science Co. Ltd., Tereos Starch and Sweeteners, DuPont de Nemours, Inc., Gulshan Polyols Ltd., Jungbunzlauer Suisse AG, and Merck Group