The global portable toilets market was valued at US$ 18,200.8 Million in 2018, according to Portable Toilets Market Report, by Product Type (Lifting or Handling Moving Toilets, Power or Trailer Mobile Toilets), by Application (Construction Sites, Factories, and Public Places), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, and Africa).
The global portable toilet market is projected to reach US$ 24,730.3 Million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 3.5% during the forecast period. Rising government regulations regarding installation of efficient lavatories and sanitation systems at construction sites is fuelling growth of the portable toilet market. Furthermore, convenience and low cost related to portable toilets is driving the growth of this market. However, cleaning and storing the portable toilets is expected to restrain growth of the portable toilet market. Moreover, portable toilet maintenance activities have the potential to release pollutants such as organic matter, suspended solids, bacteria, organic matter and disinfectants, if spilled or disposed of improperly, these contaminants can pollute the local creeks. This stands as a restraint for the growth of global portable toilets market.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Browse 25 market data tables* and 15 figures* on "Portable Toilet Market” - Global forecast to 2027.
Key Trends and Analysis of the Portable Toilet Market:
- Among application, construction sites segment accounted for the largest market share in 2018, in the global portable toilet market. This is due to increasing number of construction activities especially in emerging economies of Asia Pacific coupled with strict regulations on the installation of efficient lavatories and sanitation systems at construction sites to ensure optimum health of workers as well as to maintain hygiene.
- For instance, according to Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), in 2017, the global construction industry was valued at US$ 10.8 trillion and is expected to reach US$ 17.5 trillion by 2030, with average global construction growth rate of 3.9%, annually. According to the Building and Construction Authority of Singapore Government, the demand for construction in Singapore, in terms of value is estimated to increase between US $27 billion to US$ 32 billion during the forecast period 2020 to 2023.
- Among regions, Europe is expected to exhibit a significant share in case of portable toilet market, owing to growing tourist population. For instance, according to the World Bank Data, number of international tourist arrivals in Spain was 73,315 billion in 2016, and reached 81,786 in 2017. Also, France witnessed an international tourist arrival of 82,682 Billion in 2016, and it reached 86,861 Billion in 2017.
- Increasing number of tourist arrivals in Europe are expected to propel demand for portable toilet in public places such as squares, streets, tourist attractions, and stations during the forecast period.
Key Takeaways of the Market:
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness a significant demand in terms of portable toilet, especially in India due to ‘The Swachh Bharat Mission’ (SBM) of the Government of India which has set October, 2019, as the deadline for making India Open Defecation Free.
- The ‘Clean India’ mission aims to construct 111 million toilets in the next five years for improving the health, safety and dignity of the populace of India. In this regard, around 80 million household toilets were estimated to build since 2014, which is further anticipated to propel demand for toilet-related products and services over the forecast period.
- Major players operating in the global portable toilet market include NuConcepts, Satellite, Sanitech, Polyjohn Enterprises, Camco Manufacturing, Inc., and others.