The global Probiotic Ingredients Market was valued at US$ 5135.1 Billion in 2022, exhibiting a CAGR of 4.0% in terms of revenue, over the forecast period (2023 to 2030) to reach US$ 7016.8 Billion by 2030.
Probiotic Ingredients Market, By Type (Bacteria, Yeast, Spore Formers), By Application (Food and Beverage, Dietary Supplements, Animal Feed), and By Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Size, Share, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2023- 2030
Global Probiotic Ingredients Market- Driver
- Growing use of probiotic ingredients in medical food products: The use of probiotic ingredients in medical food products is expected to significantly drive market growth. Probiotics are used to increase immunity. Probiotics are formulated for various medical conditions, including cancer, inflammatory bowel disorders, urogenital infections, type-2 diabetes, and respiratory infections. Increasing health concerns and rising awareness among consumers are also expected to propel the growth of the probiotic ingredients market. For instance, in January 2021, DuPont Nutrition & Biosciences launched HOWARU® Calm, a probiotic aimed at helping the dietary supplement manufacturers decrease the cycle of consumer stress. With this launch, HOWARU® Calm became an addition to DuPont’s comprehensive HOWARU® portfolio and was shown to manage the psychological response to perceived stress. The product’s featured strain is L. paracasei Lpc-37®. HOWARU® Calm can also be formulated into innovative food and beverage products in a bid to meet the increasing consumer demand for alternative probiotic formats.
Global Probiotic Ingredients Market- Opportunities
- Rising consumption of nutraceuticals, pharmaceuticals and functional foods: Increasing consumption of nutraceuticals, pharmaceuticals, and functional foods is expected to provide significant growth opportunities. Growing aging populations who are suffering from digestive disorders are again expected to shape market growth. For instance, in September 2021, Lallemand Health Solutions and FrieslandCampina Ingredients partnered to launch two new gut health product concepts. PRO-Digest Health Shot and PRO-Digest Bowl Support bring together prebiotic and probiotic ingredients into a single concept.
Global Probiotic Ingredients Market- Restraints
- Stringent regulations regarding usage of probiotics: The integration of probiotics into functional foods is likely to pose challenges to the growth of the market. However, the implementation of strict regulations regarding the utilization of probiotics for infant formula, nutritional supplements, and other purposes is likely to impede the market's development in the near future.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
- On the basis of region, Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period.
- On the basis of type, bacteria segment held a dominant position in the global probiotic ingredients market in 2022 in terms of value. Increasing approval and the launch of new products are expected to propel growth of the segment during the forecast period.
Global Probiotic Ingredients Market- Trends
- Increasing government initiative and research and development: The growing focus of the government on promoting the health benefits of probiotics among farmers is a growing trend. Increasing demand for superior-quality feed products worldwide is again expected to augment market growth. The increasing number of Research &Development activities for probiotic ingredients is another growing trend in the global market. For instance, in November 2022, Synbiotic Health, a marketer in the discovery, development, and commercialization of probiotic ingredients, announced that the company had expanded research and development Synbiotic Health has acquired a 43,000 sq. ft. facility in Madison, Wisconsin The new facility is expected to be operational in early 2023 and will focus on the development and commercialization of advanced probiotic ingredients for improved health. The facility will be dedicated to the scale-up and development of efficient commercial processes
.Global Probiotic Ingredients Market - Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
The probiotic ingredient industry is one of the sectors most exposed to the impact of COVID-19 due to an unprecedented disruption in the functioning of demand and supply. The outbreak of the pandemic had posed hurdles for all stakeholders, including consumers. Measures taken by governments increased exacerbate losses in the probiotic ingredients market, as the risk of disruptions on the supply side due to the shortage of the labor force in the manufacturing units and inappropriate distribution due to logistical restrictions on trucking and shipping. This eventually led to the inconsistent availability and accessibility of the probiotic ingredient market.
Global Probiotic Ingredients Market - Competitive Section
- Kerry Inc.
- Chr. Hansen Holding AS
- Koninklijke DSM NV
- DuPont De Neumors, Inc.
- Lallemand Inc.
- Associated British Foods PLC
- Nutris, Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Advanced Enzyme Technologies