The Global Ranitidine Market
, by Strength (75 mg, 150 mg, and 300 mg), by Form (Tablets, Syrup, and Injection), by Route of Administration (Oral and Intravenous), by Application (Intestinal & Stomach Ulcers, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), Esophagitis, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome, and Others), by Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, and Online Pharmacies),
was valued US$ 412.4 Mn
in 2017, and is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 1.8%
over the forecast period (2018 - 2026) as highlighted in a new report published by .
Key players in ranitidine market are engaged in gaining regulatory approvals for generic formulation of ranitidine. For instance, in August 2010, Aurobindo Pharma received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval to sell generic version of ranitidine syrup in the U.S. Aurobindo Pharma’s ranitidine syrup is the generic version of GlaxoSmithKline’s Zantac syrup.
In August 2018, Granules India Limited received U.S. FDA approval for Ranitidine HCL 150mg tablets and 150 mg Cool Mint (OTC). This product is bioequivalent to Sanofi-aventis’ 150 mg Zantac tablets.
Browse Market Data Tables and 25 Figures spread through 145 Pages and in-depth TOC on "Ranitidine Market, , by Strength (75 mg, 150 mg, and 300 mg), by Form (Tablets, Syrup, and Injection), by Route of Administration (Oral and Intravenous), by Application (Intestinal & Stomach Ulcers, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), Esophagitis, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome, and Others), By Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, and Online Pharmacies),- Global Forecast to 2026"
To know the latest trends and insights related to ranitidine market, click the link below:
Furthermore, growing strategic collaboration and joint venture by major players to launch new ranitidine-based products, is expected to drive growth of ranitidine market. For instance, in September 2013, Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH launched Captain Zantac, a new marketing campaign for Boehringer Ingelheim Consumer Health Care’s Zantac brand. Captain Zantac is Boehringer Ingelheim Consumer Health Care’s novel 360-degree brand equity campaign, which includes national television advertising and several other promotional campaign through print, online, and retail channels.
In May 2017, Strides Pharma Science Limited (Strides Shasun) and Vivimed Labs signed definitive agreement to set 50:50 joint venture to launch ranitidine tablet 150 mg in the U.S.
In February 2018, Strides Shasun launched Ranitidine Tablets USP, 150 mg in the U.S. market. Furthermore, in March 2018, company launched Ranitidine Tablets USP, 75 mg in the U.S. market. The new launch will strengthen Strides’ ranitidine portfolio in the U.S. ranitidine market.
Key takeaways of Ranitidine Market:
- The global ranitidine market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 1.8% during the forecast period (2018 – 2026), owing to high prevalence of digestive diseases, worldwide, which includes gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), intestinal and stomach ulcers, esophagitis, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, among others.
- Among strength, ranitidine 150 mg tablet accounted for major market share in 2017. For stomach or intestinal ulcer and GERD, 150 mg dose twice daily or 300 mg dose at bedtime is normally taken. 150 mg tablet segment dominate the market, however preference to choose from 75 mg, 150 mg and 300 mg medication is depends on the patients therapeutic condition.
- In form segment, tablet form hold major market share, owing to convenience and portability of tablet during daily routine
- Among the route of administration, oral segment accounted to register higher market share, compared to intravenous, as intravenous administration requires proscription of healthcare professionals. Ranitidine can be taken in tablet or syrup form, orally.
- Among application, intestinal and stomach ulcers segment held major market share in 2017. As stomach or intestinal ulcers are the most common type of ulcer associated with painful sores in the stomach lining, affecting stomach and small internes.
- Among distribution channel, retail pharmacies segment held major market share in 2017. Retail pharmacies act as key channel in distribution of ranitidine medication to patients’ suffering with digestive diseases.
- Some of the major players operating in global ranitidine market include GlaxoSmithKline plc, Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Strides Pharma Science Limited (Strides Shasun), Tocris Bioscience (R & D Systems), Merck KGaA, and Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited among others.