Apr, 2023 - By CMI
Over the projection period, it is predicted that leading players around the world would conduct more research and development, fueling the market for in-vitro diagnostics. To fulfil the rising demand for diagnostics from providers including clinical laboratories and point-of-care diagnostic facilities, the major players have started to implement diagnostic testing automation. Rapid point-of-care technology have made it possible for facilities to automate processes and lower the amount of labour needed to process bigger volumes of samples.
The market for In-Vitro Diagnostics was anticipated to reach US$ 76,621.8 million in 2022 and grow at a CAGR of 5.3% during the following five years (2022-2030).
Top Companies in the In-Vitro Diagnostics Industry:
1) Sysmex Corp: Sysmex Corp. makes and sells tools, supplies, and software for in vitro diagnostics. Within this industry, the business specialises in haematological supplies and machinery. In addition to providing in vitro diagnostics for applications like hemostasis and urinalysis, Sysmex also provides system support and upkeep services. Founded in 1968. Headquarters are in Hyogo, Japan, at 1-5-1. The GBPA was ratified by Sysmex and Roche on December 14, 2020, providing the foundation for their alliance, which they launched on January 1, 2021. The DSSA, TLSA, and IT Solutions Cooperation Agreement are all part of the GBPA, and the two businesses have pledged to work together to create a next-generation global alliance.
2) Siemens Healthineers: Built in 1847. Headquarters are at Germany's Erlangen. Diagnostic, therapeutic, laboratory, point-of-care, and clinical consulting services are all areas in which Siemens Healthineers AG operates. Equipment from the imaging category includes ultrasound, computed tomography, X-ray systems, and magnetic resonance imaging. To modify network infrastructure for its production facilities and its development and research labs and move towards a zero trust architecture that incorporates removing implicit trust whereas constantly verifying every stage of an online communication, Atos revealed in October 2022 that it had earned a seven-year contract with Siemens Healthineers, the market leader in medical devices.
3) Bio-Rad Laboratories: With its headquarters in Hercules, California, Bio-Rad Labs creates, produces, and sells goods and services for the clinical diagnostics and life sciences industries. Bio-Rad produces, markets, and supports test systems and specific quality controls for clinical laboratories in the diagnostics sector (53% of sales). Built in 1952. The partnership between Bio-Rad and Seegene for molecular diagnostic testing products is announced for 2021.
4) BioMérieux S.A: A wide range of in vitro diagnostics for identifying contamination and disease-causing bacteria are created, developed, and manufactured by BioMerieux. Base of operations at Marcy-l'Étoile, France. created in 1963. Collaboration to enhance the diagnosis and care of acute renal damage has been announced by Baxter and bioMérieux.
5) Becton Dickinson and Company: The largest producer and supplier of surgical and medical supplies, including needles, syringes, and sharps-disposal containers, is Becton, Dickinson. As well as producing flow cytometry and cell imaging devices, the company also produces diagnostic tools and chemicals. Established in 1897. Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, USA serves as the home of Becton Dickinson's global headquarters.
6) Danaher Corporation: In 1984, the creators of Danaher transformed a real estate firm into a manufacturing corporation with an industrial focus. Today, Danaher mainly focuses on manufacturing scientific tools and supplies for three industries: life sciences, diagnostics, and environmental and applied solutions. This has been accomplished through a series of mergers, purchases, and sales. The company said it will sell its applied solutions and environmental segment in 2023 so it could focus solely on the life sciences and diagnostics. Washington, D.C. is home to the corporate headquarters of the American company Danaher Company.
Definition: Testing carried out on human bodily tissue or blood samples is known as in vitro diagnostics (IVD).