The Curling Irons Market size is expected to reach US$ 2.11 billion by 2030, from US$ 1.29 billion in 2023, at a CAGR of 7.3% during the forecast period.
Curling irons are hair styling tools used to create curls and waves in the hair. They utilize heated ceramic or metal barrels to curl hair strands around to form spirals. Curling irons allow users to achieve a variety of stylish looks from tight ringlets to loose beachy waves. Key advantages include adjustable heat settings, quick styling, interchangeable barrels, and dual voltage for worldwide use. The rising focus on personal grooming and increasing demand for styling products is driving the curling irons market growth.
The Curling Irons Market is segmented by product type, barrel size, heat type, end user, distribution channel, and region. By product type, the market is segmented into spring, marcel, clipless, automatic, spiral curling irons, and others. The automatic curling irons segment accounts for the largest share owing to their ease of use and consistent styling results. The rotating barrels in automatic irons automate the curling process to create uniform curls with minimal effort.
Curling Irons Market Regional Insights
- North America is expected to be the largest market for Curling Irons Market during the forecast period, accounting for over 38% of the market share in 2023. The growth of the market in North America is attributed to the high per capita expenditure on hair styling products and presence of major brands in the region.
- The Europe market is expected to be the second-largest market for Curling Irons Market, accounting for over 27% of the market share in 2023. The growth of the market in is attributed to the growing focus on fashion trends and increasing number of professional salons utilizing advanced styling tools.
- The Asia Pacific market is expected to be the fastest-growing market for Curling Irons Market, with a CAGR of over 9% during the forecast period. The growth of the market in Asia Pacific is attributed to rising disposable incomes, increasing focus on personal grooming, and expanding distribution networks of international brands.
Figure 1. Global Curling Irons Market Share (%), by Region, 2023
Curling Irons Market Drivers
- Increasing focus on personal grooming and styling. Consumers are spending more time and money on personal care and styling their hair as per latest trends and fashion. Social media is fueling this trend as people want to recreate celeb styles and flaunt picture-perfect hair. Brands are leveraging social media influencers and tutorials to promote styling products. Various styling events and competitions are also driving awareness and adoption of quality curling irons for professional finish.
- Product innovation and technology advancement. Key players are investing in R&D to launch innovative curling irons with advanced technologies like ultra-conditioning heat, predictive smart sensors, retractable combs, and interchangeable barrels. Tourmaline, ceramic, and titanium-coated barrels provide even heating and less hair damage. Brands are offering value-added features like dual-voltage, swivel cords, fast heat-up, adjustable temperature controls, and lock-in curls technology. Such product innovations are boosting adoption.
- Premiumization trend fueling demand for high-end styling tools. With rising disposable incomes, consumers are willing to spend more on advanced curling irons with smart heat and style settings. Salons and stylists prefer investing in premium branded tools for long-lasting performance and client satisfaction. Brands offer innovative technologies and designs catering to the premium segment. This contributes steady demand for advanced curling irons.
- Omni-channel brand promotions and marketing strategies. Brands are utilizing both online and offline channels for product promotions. Social media campaigns, influencer marketing, and e-commerce partnerships are key digital strategies. Pop-up stores, displays at beauty retailers, and participation in styling events are driving offline engagement. Effective marketing helps create awareness and brand recall for latest product launches.
Curling Irons Market Report Coverage
||Market Size in 2023:
||US$ 1.29 Bn
|Historical Data for:
||2018 to 2021
||2023 - 2030
|Forecast Period 2023 to 2030 CAGR:
||2030 Value Projection:
||US$ 2.11 Bn
- North America: U.S. and Canada
- Latin America: Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America
- Europe: Germany, U.K., Spain, France, Italy, Russia, and Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific: China, India, Japan, Australia, South Korea, ASEAN, and Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa: GCC Countries, Israel, South Africa, North Africa, and Central Africa and Rest of Middle East
- By Product Type: Spring Curling Irons, Marcel Curling Irons, Clipless Curling Irons, Automatic Curling Irons, Spiral Curling Irons, Others
- By Barrel Size: 3/8 Inch, 1/2 Inch, 3/4 Inch, 1 Inch, 1 1/4 Inch, 1 1/2 Inch, Others
- By Heat Type: Ceramic, Tourmaline, Titanium, Ionic, Others
- By End User: Personal, Professional
- By Distribution Channel: Online, Offline
Conair, Helen of Troy, Cezanne, Kizure, InfinitiPro, BaBylissPRO, Hot Tools, Remington, HSI Professional, Bio Ionic, Russell Hobbs, Xtava, Herstyler, Bed Head, John Frieda, Tresemme, Revlon, Paul Mitchell, CHI, Babyliss
- Increasing focus on personal grooming
- Rising disposable incomes
- Innovative product launches
- Growing celebrity culture
|Restraints & Challenges:
- High costs of advanced curling irons
- Health risks associated with excessive heat
- Availability of substitutes like hair straighteners
Curling Irons Market Opportunities
- Expansion in untapped markets with low penetration. Emerging economies in Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa offer significant untapped opportunities owing to large population base, rapid urbanization, and increasing spending on styling products. Market players can focus on pricing strategies and distribution partnerships to tap into these high-potential markets. Localized marketing and educating consumers about curling irons will support market expansion.
- Growing demand from the men's grooming segment. Traditionally curling irons were associated with female consumers but changing perceptions and increasing fashion consciousness among men are creating opportunities. Brands can launch specific products for short to medium hair length and market them as styling tools rather than curling irons. Male social media influencers can promote styling tutorials.
- Development of cordless curling irons. Consumers are showing interest in cordless designs for flexibility and ease of use. Products featuring lithium-ion batteries, lengthy power reserves, and rapid charging can be gamechangers. Market players can invest in battery technologies to make cordless curling irons mainstream. This can create a new product segment.
- Strategic partnerships with beauty service providers. Tie-ups with salons, spas, and styling studios provide a large target consumer base for brands. Curling irons can be positioned as professional styling tools for experts. Conducting styling and education sessions at salons can drive trials. This creates long-term business opportunities.
Curling Irons Market Trends
- Increasing adoption of curling wands and automatic curlers. Curling wands with no clamps or gloves offer free-hand versatility in wrapping hair. Automatic rotating irons simplify curling with consistent results. Both products are gaining popularity for their ease of use and flexible styling. Key brands are expanding their portfolio to include these variants.
- Use of natural bristle brushes and heat protectants. Consumers are using pre- and post-styling products like boar bristle brushes for even heat distribution and serums to protect hair from heat damage. Brands can leverage this by offering combo deals on curling irons with supplementary styling items. Targeted social media tutorials promoting complete routines also support this trend.
- Product personalization and limited editions. To increase desirability, brands are launching limited edition curling irons in bold colors and patterns endorsed by celebrities. Personalized irons with custom barrels, removable crystal embellishments, and monogrammed design are key strategies. Such unique product stories help create buzz especially among fashion-conscious millennials.
- Focus on safety and heat control features. Concerns around high heat and hair damage are prompting brands to offer safety features like cool tip ends, auto shut-off, and insulated tips. Temperature control using smart sensor technology also provides users better heat management. Such innovations cater to changing consumer preferences.
Curling Irons Market Restraints
- Health risks associated with heat styling. Excessive exposure to high temperatures can cause hair damage, dryness, brittleness, and breakage. Concerns around styling-related hair problems may limit adoption of daily use. Brands will need to educate consumers about using optimal temperatures and heat protection.
- High costs of advanced curling irons. While consumers are willing to spend more on quality, very premium or professional styling tools can be cost prohibitive for many mass-market purchasers. Pricing can be a challenge in low and middle-income countries. Companies may need to introduce economy variants to improve affordability.
- Competition from hairstyling alternatives. Curling irons compete with other styling products like hair straighteners and dryers. Multi-styler tools that allow both curling and straightening present a threat. Brands need robust demand forecasting and targeted product positioning to mitigate this restraint.
New product launches
- In January 2021, Dyson launched the Corrale straightener with flexing copper plates that shape to gather hair for enhanced styling with reduced damage.
- In June 2022, T3 launched the AireBrush Duo, a 2-in-1 dryer brush with interchangeable barrels for voluminous blowouts and bouncy curls.
- In March 2022, ghd launched the Max styler with ultra-zone predictive technology that recognizes the thickness of hair and adapts heat to style hair faster with 70% reduced breakage.
Acquisition and partnerships
- In October 2021, Helen of Troy acquired Drybar Products LLC, a premium hair styling brand, to expand its consumer beauty segment.
- In January 2022, L'Oreal announced the acquisition of Youth to the People, a vegan skincare brand, to strengthen its portfolio of beauty brands.
- In April 2021, Ulta Beauty and Target announced a partnership to open Ulta Beauty shop-in-shops in 100 Target stores and on Target.com starting in 2021.
Figure 2. Global Curling Irons Market Share (%), by Product Type, 2023
Top companies in Curling Irons Market
- Helen of Troy
- Hot Tools
- HSI Professional
- Bio Ionic
- Russell Hobbs
- Bed Head
- John Frieda
- Paul Mitchell
*Definition: The curling irons market refers to the industry and companies involved in the manufacturing and distribution of heated hair styling tools designed to curl and wave hair. Curling irons utilize ceramic, metal, or tourmaline-coated barrels that are heated to create spirals and curls of varying sizes in the hair when strands are wrapped around the barrel. Key product types include spring, marcel, clipless, automatic, and spiral curling irons with interchangeable barrels. The market is driven by increasing consumer focus on personal grooming and fashion trends promoting styled hair looks.
Few other promising reports in Consumer Goods Industry
Cigar Cutter Market
Eco Friendly Water Bottle Market
Boxing Equipment Market
Police Baton Market